Experiencing a Light Rain

• I just got back from an afternoon trip to Collins Beach in Oregon. The weather was overcast, and the temperature was about 70 degrees. When I arrived around 4pm, there were perhaps two dozen people, but by the time I left around 6pm, I was only aware of one group of four and a few individuals.
  • A very light rain started, so fine that I couldn't see it at all, but I could feel it like pin pricks on my skin. I spread out a t-shirt that I had tucked into my bag for the hike, and laid myself out flat on my back with legs and arms slightly spread for maximum exposure. I think I passed about 20 minutes that way until the rain had nearly stopped. In all that time, I heard not a single person, and only had the lapping of the small waves against the beach and the calls of the birds to keep me company.
  • It was an intense experience. My mind raced to take note of every single tiny drop that struck my body. They came so fast, my attention was in constant motion. The rain was so light that when all was done, I wasn't the slightest bit wet, and the only evidence of the shower was the spots on my glasses.
  • What an amazing sensory organ the skin is! How much we miss by keeping so much of it covered!

This topic was edited
No replies yet.