Reservoir enforcement

I stayed away from the reservoir July 4th and over the weekend, due to weather issues and fear of enforcement. Has anyone been out there recently? Is it possible to find a peaceful place to sunbathe without worrying about police or rangers?

This topic was edited
RE: Reservoir enforcement

Yes, be smart though. North side. I'd rather not state the exact location here, so you should go there and walk along the shore. Eventually you're likely to see someone nestled in the trees, not out in the open. The idea is to not be seen and cover when people come by. It is not legal, but most people on the North Shore know there are nudists and where they are and don't have a problem.Those people still walk past regularly, so they don't seem to have a problem. Some people will say hi and add something that shows they're fine. Cover up regardless if the person has children with them.Reservoir management knows too, so don't give them any reason to come bother you. If you see anyone doing anything inappropriate, let them know that this is not the place for that. We're out there for the sun, air and water, simple nudist enjoying the sun. If we keep it that way, there shouldn't be any problems. You'll probably meet some regulars and see they're just normal people wanting some sun, quiet and relaxation. Pure and simple.
Hope that helps.

This post was edited
RE: Reservoir enforcement

I take that back. Not sure where this guy was or what he was doing (likely no sunning discreetly as he was charged with indecent exposure) but we really don't know what the deal is. If this guys was being indecent and was not there just to relax and enjoy the sun, then he should have been arrested. People just trying to discretely enjoy the sun should not have to fear being arrested or fined. If they made nude bathing legal, they'd actually have nudists calling the police when someone is engaging in indecent exposure.
I think there is a real danger that just one anti-nudist has the power to submit a false report and get someone arrested. That arrest can have seriously adverse repercussions for the person arrested, even when it is shown that the report was false. The damage is already done.
So, be careful, stay as out of sight as you can. If you're going there to be indecent, you shouldn't be there in the first place, please don't go.
https://www.denverpost.com/rockiesmailbag/ci_20891128/boulder-police-man-exposed-himself-at-boulder-reservoir

This post was edited