Beginner Yoga Routine ?

I have been going through some poses at my local Nude Beach on Lake Ontario and it is unbelievably relaxing. But I feel like I don't really have a good routine that moves from one pose to the other. Most of what I have is cut and paste from various sources and are chosen for MY ability to strike the pose and hold it. Not much in the area for professional Yoga if you can't afford the $100 a month club fee.
Any one have any advice?
Rick

This topic was edited
RE: Beginner Yoga Routine ?

Doing things that feel good to you isn't a bad way to go - at least you're getting some benefit. I know what you're saying, though - like any exercise, you want to fight boredom and muscle memory, plus just be challenged now and then.
You could rent or buy a couple of yoga DVDs and use parts of the routines you see on them. Our naked yoga instructor here has a 'stick figure' routine written on paper that he gives us to help us remember a good Sun Salute sequence, so I'm sure there are books you could check out that may help.
The best would be to find even a class to go to, even occasionally just to freshen it up from time to time. Maybe travel somewhere for a Saturday or Sunday class and make a little getaway weekend of it. That would be lots less than a monthly club fee.

This post was edited

Have you tried You Tube? There always seems to be workout videos there. You would have to memorize them in order to practice on the beach but worth it.

This post was edited

I have been going through some poses at my local Nude Beach on Lake Ontario and it is unbelievably relaxing. But I feel like I don't really have a good routine that moves from one pose to the other. Most of what I have is cut and paste from various sources and are chosen for MY ability to strike the pose and hold it. Not much in the area for professional Yoga if you can't afford the $100 a month club fee. Any one have any advice? Ricknamaste/ look for a yoga studio, because they have many types of classes and usualy a beginners class/ take it slow and remember--YOGA IS ABOUT THE BREATH-UCHAI BREATH-BREATHING SLOW AND DEEPLY/ if you arnt doing the breath ,with the pose,you are NOT doing yoga/ also maybe,if you can afford,do some private instruction,with a certified yoga teacher
namaste

This post was edited

I have been going through some poses at my local Nude Beach on Lake Ontario and it is unbelievably relaxing. But I feel like I don't really have a good routine that moves from one pose to the other. Most of what I have is cut and paste from various sources and are chosen for MY ability to strike the pose and hold it. Not much in the area for professional Yoga if you can't afford the $100 a month club fee. Any one have any advice? RickII have been practicing yoga for a few years now at the Y. Last year I tweaked my knee snowboarding and had to stop for a long while. I have just started back up at home with a cd and it's been great. You could load it onto a ipod if you wanted .It was almost the same set of positions that I did at the Y. Even up to the plow and headstand. since I know the moves I just follow along to the speed of the instructor. It's an hour long and is just perfect for me right now. Best part is I just set up a room in the house which I call my Nude Yoga Den. A little incense, low lighting and I'm on the journey.

This post was edited