Is this site dying out

Is it my imagination or does it seem like this site is dying out. I hope its my imagination, because I kind of like it here, there is a lot of friendly ppl hereand many more that I would like to get to know

This topic was edited
RE: Is this site dying out

I don't think this site is dying out, I know the chat room is alive and well.

This post was edited

I don't think it's dying out at all. The chatroom is very popular and we now have at least 3 people with over 100 posts on the forums, with more hot on our heels. That to me says that it's alive and kicking. What makes you think it's dying out?

This post was edited

Trying to get answers out of TT1

This post was edited

What kind of answers are you looking for? Didn't you say in another post that he had responded to an email by you saying that he's pretty tied up with site maintenance? I have always suspected that it would be a great amount of work to keep this site up and running, not to mention approving pics, profiles, answering flag's, and moderating when he can. In the short amount of time that I've been here, I've seen this place grow in leaps and bounds, so I would imagine that he's swamped. Throw in real life and I'm sure his head is spinning.

The thing we have to keep in mind is that this site is free, 100% free. With that comes limitations in time management from the site admins. As far as free sites go, this site is pretty good. The forums are pretty free of filth ,as is the chatrooms and for the most part the maintence of the site is good (pics being approved, site running smoothly and the like). So, in my minds eye, other than his absence from the chatroom and forums, there is really little to complain about. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that we do have it pretty good and we shoudn't complain too loudly, as we aren't paying a thing for it. I'm sure that with the amount of time TT1 has put into this site, he will not want it to go down the crapper. I would imagine that once he get's thing sorted he will let us know what's going on, peruse the forums and maybe come up with some ideas on how to share his obviously large work load.

This post was edited
We just hit 3000 users!

Not too sure where you got that idea from we just hit 3k users! This site is a community. As cool as I am,
I don't think 3000 people have joined to hear from me. It's a site for you users to enjoy each other's company
and I will inject my dry humor here and there. I am here, lurking silently, fighting pervs with the click of the mouse.
I've elaborated on the issue and some ways to help me below. Please give it a read.
https://www.truenudists.com/blog/2008/10/3000-users/

This post was edited

What kind of answers are you looking for? Didn't you say in another post that he had responded to an email by you saying that he's pretty tied up with site maintenance? I have always suspected that it would be a great amount of work to keep this site up and running, not to mention approving pics, profiles, answering flag's, and moderating when he can. In the short amount of time that I've been here, I've seen this place grow in leaps and bounds, so I would imagine that he's swamped. Throw in real life and I'm sure his head is spinning. The thing we have to keep in mind is that this site is free, 100% free. With that comes limitations in time management from the site admins. As far as free sites go, this site is pretty good. The forums are pretty free of filth ,as is the chatrooms and for the most part the maintence of the site is good (pics being approved, site running smoothly and the like). So, in my minds eye, other than his absence from the chatroom and forums, there is really little to complain about. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that we do have it pretty good and we shoudn't complain too loudly, as we aren't paying a thing for it. I'm sure that with the amount of time TT1 has put into this site, he will not want it to go down the crapper. I would imagine that once he get's thing sorted he will let us know what's going on, peruse the forums and maybe come up with some ideas on how to share his obviously large work load.
Swifty, I hate to differ with you, but as I have said before, the site is NOT free. SOMEONE is paying for the electric, internet access, cooling, hardware maintenance and possibly software updates. It just happens to NOT be US. I think that distinction needs to be made. I know in my case that running the server I ran would have been easier if people had understood that a little more. Especially when itcomes to a problem, and there is always a problem. Once you have a big blowup, you start saying things like; "Whyam I trying so hard to get this web site back up?"
In any case, I never saw the site as dying out, more like overrun. I wish I were good at html/java, etc. He seems to need someone there.
Thanks
-Jerry

This post was edited

What kind of answers are you looking for? Didn't you say in another post that he had responded to an email by you saying that he's pretty tied up with site maintenance? I have always suspected that it would be a great amount of work to keep this site up and running, not to mention approving pics, profiles, answering flag's, and moderating when he can. In the short amount of time that I've been here, I've seen this place grow in leaps and bounds, so I would imagine that he's swamped. Throw in real life and I'm sure his head is spinning. The thing we have to keep in mind is that this site is free, 100% free. With that comes limitations in time management from the site admins. As far as free sites go, this site is pretty good. The forums are pretty free of filth ,as is the chatrooms and for the most part the maintence of the site is good (pics being approved, site running smoothly and the like). So, in my minds eye, other than his absence from the chatroom and forums, there is really little to complain about. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that we do have it pretty good and we shoudn't complain too loudly, as we aren't paying a thing for it. I'm sure that with the amount of time TT1 has put into this site, he will not want it to go down the crapper. I would imagine that once he get's thing sorted he will let us know what's going on, peruse the forums and maybe come up with some ideas on how to share his obviously large work load.
Swifty, I hate to differ with you, but as I have said before, the site is NOT free. SOMEONE is paying for the electric, internet access, cooling, hardware maintenance and possibly software updates. It just happens to NOT be US. I think that distinction needs to be made. I know in my case that running the server I ran would have been easier if people had understood that a little more. Especially when itcomes to a problem, and there is always a problem. Once you have a big blowup, you start saying things like; "Whyam I trying so hard to get this web site back up?"
In any case, I never saw the site as dying out, more like overrun. I wish I were good at html/java, etc. He seems to need someone there.
Thanks
-Jerry

Hehe...Jr, I think you misunderstood me, mate. I was refering to the site being 100% free for our use, not free in general. Nothing in life is free and I know full well that there are major costs in operating a site such as this.

I guess in a muddy way, the point I was trying to make in my post, is that as we aren't paying for it, we shouldn't be too demanding. Now, if this site were like other sites and charged us to send messages, chat, whatever, then ofcourse we should have higher expectations. I've seen sites that offer similar features as to this one and they will charge you like $50+ USD for every three months and here we are, not obligated to pay anything.

Hehe...I don't know, I guess coming from some pretty crappy nudists sites, I'm so very thankful to have this one that I try to keep my bitching to a minimum. Not that I don't think we have the right to, we do to a degree, we just need to keep in mind that we aren't paying for the privlege to post here.

This post was edited

Swifty, I hate to differ with you, but as I have said before, the site is NOT free. SOMEONE is paying for the electric, internet access, cooling, hardware maintenance and possibly software updates. It just happens to NOT be US. I think that distinction needs to be made. I know in my case that running the server I ran would have been easier if people had understood that a little more. Especially when itcomes to a problem, and there is always a problem. Once you have a big blowup, you start saying things like; "Whyam I trying so hard to get this web site back up?"In any case, I never saw the site as dying out, more like overrun. I wish I were good at html/java, etc. He seems to need someone there
Have to agree with Jerry, their are costs involved let alone the time. On site I do belong to is free, but you are limited to what you get for free, a small fee will get you a full membership and acess to everything and the pictures are protected as much as they can be, the Admin are on top of everything and do inter act with others, the $$ goes right to the site only for maintainance, upgrades, I see TT1 did chime in here and said we had hit the 3K mark and is busy checking people with paper signs, should be checking people who have no profiles and misleading pictures. But I am not seeing any improvements in the Forums area, the program for this board should allow for adjustments in the way it is done like this topic, when you go to the forum and "Is this site dying out" you should go to the last post made not have to work you way to the last post.
As far as HTML I know, JAVA I don't, web sites I know, JAVA I don't.
h1/h1

This post was edited

Now how did this get in here ( h1/h1 ) HTML on this site is tricky!

This post was edited

Swifty, I hate to differ with you, but as I have said before, the site is NOT free. SOMEONE is paying for the electric, internet access, cooling, hardware maintenance and possibly software updates. It just happens to NOT be US. I think that distinction needs to be made. I know in my case that running the server I ran would have been easier if people had understood that a little more. Especially when itcomes to a problem, and there is always a problem. Once you have a big blowup, you start saying things like; "Whyam I trying so hard to get this web site back up?" In any case, I never saw the site as dying out, more like overrun. I wish I were good at html/java, etc. He seems to need someone there
Have to agree with Jerry, their are costs involved let alone the time. On site I do belong to is free, but you are limited to what you get for free, a small fee will get you a full membership and acess to everything and the pictures are protected as much as they can be, the Admin are on top of everything and do inter act with others, the $$ goes right to the site only for maintainance, upgrades, I see TT1 did chime in here and said we had hit the 3K mark and is busy checking people with paper signs, should be checking people who have no profiles and misleading pictures. But I am not seeing any improvements in the Forums area, the program for this board should allow for adjustments in the way it is done like this topic, when you go to the forum and "Is this site dying out" you should go to the last post made not have to work you way to the last post.
As far as HTML I know, JAVA I don't, web sites I know, JAVA I don't.
h1/h1
Hmmm, well maybe after the stream of certifications and locations and pictures is done, then maybe he can focus on that. But then again, he did empower us. He told us to use the flag to mark those that are bad apples. Sooooo it's flagaroonie time......
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited