RE: Losing stuff at resorts

Though never having been to a resort, when I have gone on nude hikes I have a lock remote to my truck. Push a button and it locks. Push another button and it unlocks. It hangs around my neck on a silver necklace chain.

This post was edited

As an artist, I always carry a sketchbook with me, which means carrying a small backpack. I've kinda gotten used to carrying it everywhere anyway, clothed or not. Also great for keys, wallet, sunblock, etc...

This post was edited

I think many "assume" their belongings are safe at a nude resort ... even safe from those that would be considered "regulars" or "residents." Fact is, if people have it in them to take things that are NOT theirs ... it doesn't matter if they are clothed theives or naked theives. We've only had something taken once. My wife had a hat she wore often at our club. We decided to go for a walk and my wife changed from this "sun hat" to a ball cap. When we returned to our lounges ... the hat was gone. We looked all over the pool deck thinking it may have been blown away by the wind. We asked at the rec center, cafe and main office if someone turned in a sun hat ... "nope!" The hat wasn't worth anything and was probably headed for the trash can or goodwill in the coming months ... but nonetheless, this was disturbing and we now keep our belongings in the vehicle and it locked. We have a few bags already set up for day trips to nude venues. We have one for the beach, one for the club and one for resorts. I carry "a" key to get into our vehicle and it's easily carried in my hat.One story I was told, by the victim, was when he had played pool in the evening and had a personal pool cue in a case. He'd admitted to having a few too many and forgot his case before retiring to the motorhome. Once at the motorhome, he remembered and returned to retrieve the pool cue and case ... which was now gone. He asked a few people still in the rec center and no one saw anything. He remembered a guy that paid particular attention to his pool cue and found him the next day. He asked him about it, and he denied seeing it or having it. Management got involved and reported that "this" person, that denied having the pool cue, was suspect in other thief's around the club. The management began questioning people and the word got out that the authorities would be involved in the thieft of this man's pool cue and case, unless it was returned. Later that afternoon ... the pool cue and case reappeared in the rec center. Too bad these things have to happen but ... being a nudist doesn't automatically make you more friendly, more approachable, more honest ... MORE anything. We are just people ... that prefer not to wear clothes.

This post was edited

This post was edited