Addition of Forum Flagging - Help with the moderation of forum flagging.

After seeing the forums degenerating into nothing but name calling and bickering, I've decided to integrate flagging into the system. Users can now flag posts and over the next few days I'll be analyzing the data and writing a method to automatically remove the flagged posts and topics. This should help with the SPAM as well as the flame-wars.
When using the forums, please follow the following rules.
1. Be polite, even during controversial topics, name calling is not necessary or constructive.
2. No promoting products or services on the forum.
3. Please keep the forum non-sexual. No erotic stories or topics.
4. Please do not respond to insulting or rude comments, these only prolong the degeneration of the
forum. Flag the comment and continue the discussion as if it had not happened.

If anyone has questions or comments, please use this forum topic to discuss them.

This topic was edited
RE: Addition of Forum Flagging - Help with the moderation of forum flagging.

BRAVO!!!

This post was edited

Thank You so much!! I can't wait too see how great this site can be now. :)Are you able to block the ISPs of repeat Flamers? I've seen it done on another site and it seemed to stop a lot of people from creating new accounts from home and continuing to do what they were doing. Cheers.

This post was edited

I too want to thank you for this Addition. I hope it achives the desired effect and will make the forums more useful especially for new folks.

This post was edited

Thank you, Teamtrue 1,
This is indeed a long overdue and welcoming addition to the Forums. Perhaps now we shall be able to see more reasonable and sensible debates, without the childish behaviour from a few individuals who have hitherto, been hell bent on destroying our community.

This post was edited

This was just about a week late for our friend Bruce. I know how he felt because in many ways I felt the same. I would nothavedropped from the site however, because we have established many friendships here and hope to find more friends in the future. I hopethe flaggingworks because I do enjoy reasonable, rationable discussions and have learned much about myself and others.

This post was edited

Thank you for the new tool, for the wise advice that goes with it, and for this thread, where any further discussion of forum moderation can be concentrated.

This post was edited

Excellent. I have already noticed a drop in the profanity, insults, and trolling.

This post was edited

A good idea, but what worries me is the "automatic" part. I hope we will not see flagging wars breaking out. Thinking back to what happened not so long ago with Lexia and others I am a little wary of automated systems.

This post was edited

A good idea, but what worries me is the "automatic" part. I hope we will not see flagging wars breaking out. Thinking back to what happened not so long ago with Lexia and others I am a little wary of automated systems.I read that post the other day. Maybe ISP blocking isn't a great idea. As there wouldn't have been away for you to respond.
And great stuff Team True.

This post was edited

Thank you.

This post was edited