Starting a nude beach in my area

I was curious, has anyone ever successfully had a nude zoned area in your location created after speaking to local councils/shire?My closest nude beach if 4 hrs away. And I live in an area with many beachesI was curious how to go about it.

This topic was edited
RE: Starting a nude beach in my area

This is one of those instances where it is easier to ask forgiveness thanseek permission. If you know of an area that is rarely used and has fairly good butnot easy access, go there and get nude and see what happens. If no one stops you or complains, keep it up. Let a few of your friends know about it and let them try it. One thing that alerts people that something is happening is the number of parked cars. If the access is over private land, the owner might not mind a few people crossing, but not an army. If the access is too easy, non-nudists will also want to use the spot.
A second avenue of attack might be to find a landowner who owns beach front property with no access to the beach. He may be agreeable to having a nudist beach if the users are willing to construct a beach access. Having a reasonable beach access will increase the value of his property therefore he may be willing to spend the money for plans and permits but not the labor and materials.

This post was edited

Yea, finding an area that is privately owned would be ideal. You could even make an agreement on keeping it cleared and picked up.

This post was edited

I would see if i could get enough people to sign a petition, just going and getting naked sounds abit risky!

This post was edited

If you could get 20 people to attend a conservation board meeting, you might get somewhere. But experience shows some few will engage in the wrong behavior and ruin it for the rest of us. They know who they are

This post was edited

Ive been wondering about this, too. i live in north carolina and we have no nude beaches. its at least 8 hours north or south to get to one. if i wasnt planning to move out of this state next year i might try to get one established.

This post was edited

Watch this 4 part series. It's an interview with the Masons that help found haulover beach. Some very helpful info on starting a nude beach.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tsnn1Jo97A

This post was edited

In 60-s black people raised up their voice and came out to fight for
their rights.How did it end? No discrimination anymore.That's how we
should act! Nobody will bring our freedom,we got to get it ourselves. I
don't call anybody to walk naked on streets and fight police.We will
gather 100 or more folks on some section of a public beach,which could
be appropriate for nude recreation and just chill out there with
placards and signs every day,every week.This way officials will know
about our movement and public will get used to share beaches with us and
recognize us as equal citizens. Don't be scared. Otherwise we would
stay in oppressed status,and it will serve us well.Cowards don't deserve