RE: Caught hiking nude

i enjoy hiking and been seen a few times once i have been seen i never bother to cover up it would ibe as if i was doing something wrong most people say hi or nice day all look . I allways thought iam hiking out in the middel of the woods whats the big deal if iam nude

This post was edited

I have been seen hiking nude by non nudist many times while hiking to Deep Creek Hot Springs but since the springs are known for their clothing optional use most people are fine with it.
I also hike nude in an area near Lake Castaic that is definitely not a nude area but if you are careful it is relatively safe. Over the years there has been several times where I was caught nude while hiking there.Today there is a gate at the entrance to this trail so if there are no cars parked there you know the trail is safe for nude use. That was not the case several years ago. Even though it is posted no motor vehicles allowed, you would occasionally get someone driving along the trail.
It was New Years Day with bright sun and temps in the low 70s, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity for a nude hike. I was well into my hike when I heard a car coming up the trail ahead of me. I had plenty of time to slip on my shorts before they could see me so everything was fine. As soon as they were out of sight off came the shorts. It was only a few minutes later that I heard another car approaching. This was very unusual to have more than one car in the area but since they were leaving I did not think too much about it. It was a pain to have to put the shorts on again but better safe than sorry. Again I took off the shorts after they were gone and continued on my hike. About 10 minutes later, just as I was getting to a bend in the trail, another car was coming up. This time there was no opportunity to put the shorts on and quite frankly I was rather annoyed with all these cars that I simply held the shorts in front of me as they came closer. There was a young couple in the front and an older woman in the back seat. I decided I had to find out what was going on and even though I was obviously nude I called to them as they went past to ask if there was anyone else still down the trail. They told me there were several car loads still down there where they had celebrated the New Year and were now going home. I thanked them for the info and as they continued on I put the shorts on, turned around and hiked back to my car. Just for your info, the two in the front did not seem to be bothered by my lack of attire and I could have probably stayed nude, however the woman in the back seat was obviously very upset and kept her head turned away the whole time we were talking.

This post was edited

Last summer I was hiking up a track in France with a friend. As soon as we were clear of the houses we stripped off. The track took us up to a ridge where they were erecting windmills. The contractors weren't using the track so we got quite near where they were working. It was the end of the day and they were going home. So we went on to the site. It is amazing how big those windmills are when on the ground. There was a chance to get a close up of myself in front of a generator pod (that little lump on the top of the mast behind the blades). It was the size of a bus. I left my bag of clothes with my friend so they wouldn't be in the photo. Just then the foreman drove up to check the site. My friend ran off taking everything with him. All I could do is hide. The foreman took ages to check the site and then finally drove off. I emerged, joined my friend and we walked further along the track. Then a whole bus load of workers drove by. They hadn't gone home yet. No time to cover up.

This post was edited

Malenudist1966, what a great ambassador to the lifestyle you were! Hopefully, that couple explored other opportunities to get nude and adopted the lifestyle. I have been seen naked hiking twice, once on my hike in San Mateo Canyon west of Temecula, and once on my hike with two friends near Palomar mountain. Both times, it was no big deal, but there was never a conversation. Perhaps in the future, I will stop and see if they want to chat and try to be a good ambassador myself!DonThank you Don for your comment. I just love to be nude in nature. :)

This post was edited

I love to hike nude. My favorite places are olive dell ranch and deep creek in southern California. One time while freehiking the Bradford ridge trail into deep creek, I was "caught" by a four foot rattlesnake. He warned me with a loud rattle, and I jumped over him to the trail beyond. It must have looked strange that a naked hiker was trying to encourage a stubborn rattlesnake to leave the trail.
Only ran in to one textile human on that hike. I usually have gret experiences with non nudists on hikes to deep creek, but this guy was obviously uncomfortable with my state of undress. It was at the end of my hike and I was just relaxing on the tailgate of my truck. He did not say a word, avoided eye contact and drove away. Could have been a great day of conversation for him. Oh well his loss.

This post was edited

I hike naked around our property and in the national forest in remote Eastern Washington State in the U.S. There are about 200 mostly uninhabited acres around our 40, so I tend to hike it all and more. I know where most of the cabins are in the woods so generally just skirt them and never see anyone. One day I was going up a hillside I had never hiked before. I stepped out from behind a big fir tree and realized I had stepped out in the the full view of the picture window of the house just above me that I had not seen. I don't know if anyone saw me, as I quickly stepped back behind the tree to plan my escape. The problem was that I needed to go past that house to get to mine. So I just sucked it up, stepped out from behind the tree and walked proudly past the house and into the woods headed home. I don't know if anyone there saw me, but I realized afterward that I hoped they had seen me.

This post was edited