How do you explain to a non-nudist what you get from being a social nudist?

I can never get beyond describing the experience as merely a sense of "freedom" or "exhilaration". But it always seems to be interpreted as coming from a place of sexual gratification. I'd like to know how others would describe their feelings/experiences around social nudism.

This topic was edited
RE:How do you explain to a non-nudist what you get from being a social nudist?

Excellent response.

This post was edited

what a great response and explanation of the two terms. I fit into the later category as love to hang nude in the great outdoors/ Have a few buddies I shall this time with
Billy

This post was edited

I have been asked why naturists want to meet other naturists. Why do you want to see other people if it's not sexual?

The answer is very simple.

Why do bikers ride in groups (motorbike and cycle)?
Why to hikers hike and runners run in groups?
Why do fishermen go fishing with friends?

Humans are social animals, and like to do social activities. We like to be social with people who share the same views, interests and drives as us. It is self affirming and helps boost personal confidence when surrounded by people who agree with you and do the same things

This post was edited

Simple...
Good response.

This post was edited

Simple...
Good response.

This post was edited

totally right feeling. then it sometimes leads to getting sexual. a normal response while nude. we all appreciate nude beauty and share ourselves embracing this.

This post was edited

totally right feeling. then it sometimes leads to getting sexual. a normal response while nude. we all appreciate nude beauty and share ourselves embracing this.

The point we are trying to prove is that naturism itself is not sexual, although being naked means that if you do get sexual it saves time :)

We're never going to get pubic acceptance if even we can't separate naturism and sex

This post was edited

Why do people collect stamps, build model railways or spend hours at the water's side holding a fishing rod? There are many other pursuits which could be difficult to explain.

There are really two questions: (1) why be a nudist?; and (2) why do it with others? The answer to the second is simple. Anyone with an interest wants to share it with like minded people.

So the real question is "why non sexual nudity". Anyone who visits my home finds it filled with nude artwork.( Some I have created myself and others are collected.) Can't they see that the naked body is true beauty? It has inspired famous artists for centuries. I add that I have always had an urge to be naked since childhood. Mostly it was in secret when alone. But, late in life, I discovered the world of nudism and was able to get naked openly. Naturally that includes being naked with others. It is a chance to be my true self, uninhibited, hiding nothing, free and deliciously vulnerable.

Everyone around me knows of my nudist lifestyle. And the simplest way of "explaining" it is to tell them what I do. They are all happy to talk about it.

This post was edited

True...

This post was edited

True...

This post was edited