Gunnison Beach

According to a Newark Star Ledger article today, Gunnison Beach will be open this year!

This topic was edited
RE: Gunnison Beach

According to a Newark Star Ledger article today, Gunnison Beach will be open this year!Great! Do you have a link?

This post was edited

THis is great news....was concerned that it wouldn't be open. Has any one heard of volunteer opportunities to go help with the clean up??

This post was edited

There was some mention of limiting the number of cars admitted into the park (and by extension, people). Also, there will be no working, permanent restrooms (hello portajohns). It was encouraging news, but there still seems much work to be done.

This post was edited

Mike,
Do you mean limiting the cars to less than the amount to fill the Area G parking lot? Would that mean that even on weekdays you would need to get early in order to get a parking spot? It would be a blast to travel the trip only to be turned away.

This post was edited

Great news and thanks for sharing, I'm looking forward to getting back there.

This post was edited

Catbird,
It sounded to me like they wanted to limit the total number of cars in the park, but I could have misinterpreted the article. I guess we will just have to contact park officials as spring arrives to get e clearer picture.

MIke

This post was edited