RE: CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are Democrats? I think I know the answer, but I'm just checking. Thanks Jerry
An average would be about 52% Damocrats to 48% Republicans
i am green party, so the 100% divided into Democrats and Republicans can't be right.

This post was edited

Hey swift, I realize the American perception around the world is less than stellar, but I have to admit that I'm somewhat shortsided. I still happen to think that this country offers more to everyone than any other. I'm not without experience. I've lived in Germany and Central/South America as well as throughout this country. I've looked at the healthcare systems in Europe and Canada, and in my opinion although more people are covered, the quality of healthcare is not what it is here. Alot of people from all over the world still come here to get the medical treatment they can't get in their home countries. Many countries are losing their rights in astounding rates, and I can't help but feel we're next on the hit list. So, my question would be, what would you change in this country? In your last post you said that we need a change in this country, what would they be. I hope I'm not being hostile (or appearing to be so), I truly am just curious. Thanks.

hehe...First off, I have to disagree with you about your level of health care. I'm sorry mate, but I've been in Canadian hospitals, US hospitals, Australian hospitals and Mexican hospitals (hehe...yes,can be accident prone, as well as my friends)and I have to say that Canada's level of care is superior by far. Not that I'm trying to be argumentative, but you brought it up and felt I had to say something. lol...but I guess that's an argument for another thread.

To answer your question, I can't say what changes your country needs internally, as really, I've never lived there. So, my opinion is based on what I see coming from the States. What America needs is a new figurehead and one who does not come accross as aggressive. Under Bush's rule, America went from being known as a country of open arms and tolerance, to one of aggressive paronia. A country known for, if you don't like my way, it's the highway, and if you aren't my friend, you're my enemy (I experienced that first hand from Americans when Canada refused to enter the second Iraq war, to say I was stunned is an understatement). When you look at and hear Bush or McCain talk, you get that sense out of them, they just reek of aggressiveness. However, when you look at Obama, listen to the man, you don't get that sense from him at all. He comes accross as reasonable, non hateful, non aggressive, someone that you want to be friends with. Let's face it, the States has pissed off alot of countries all over the world in recent years and can use all the friends they can get.

Don't get me wrong, Bush and even McCain is what America needed after 9/11. They needed someone tough and who won't take shit from nobody and that's what you got from the Bush. However, he's over stayed his welcome (which is McCain's loss as he's just like him IMHO) by far and the time for people like him to be in power is no longer needed. Now America needs to get some PR working for them, a friendly face and you get that from Obama.
Anyways, like you, I hope I'm not comming accross as hostile, as I'm not. While I'm not an American lover nor am I an American hater, I would just like to see the States get back to the country it once was, not what it is today.

This post was edited

Swifhawk, You are the man!JUst wanted to say that due to the fact you are right on your insight.

This post was edited

No problem. 1% is a bunch of people, but that wasn't the point of my question. But thank you anyway.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

I think everyone here has misunderstood the question (unless it's me!)

Jerry said;

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are Democrats? I think I know the answer, but I'm just checking. Thanks Jerry

I understood that to mean, ....."how many of you guys HERE, on truenudists, are Democrats? not many!
But I could be wrong, ....... again! :(

This post was edited

I think it is self-evident that my question was answered.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Believe it or not, I'm neither Republican or Democrat. I'm more liberatarian, with Republican leanings.
I'm just vegetarian! :)

This post was edited

An average would be about 52% Damocrats to 48% Republicans
"Damocrats"??? Is that a Freudian slip???

I tend toward Republicans based on the Republican platform, however, I prefer to vote based on a candidates position on importan issues. Personally, I would love to see the party system completely abolished so that candidates would be forced to state their positions. The party system tends to allow candidates to hide behind a party without revealing their true positions. Also, the party system is probably the most divisive single element of Amercan politics.

This post was edited

Almost half of the voters are unhappy.
Err, more than half of them will be happy. That's kinda how Obama won !

Well, they will be until the current Congressional leadership combines with the future Administrative leadership to push a bottom-up economic program. Such programs have only ever resulted in less jobs and less incentives to produce good and services, meaning that things will become more expensive for those at the lower end of the economic scale, which appears to be the very ones who voted this group into power in the first place.

We are about to undergo a gigantic social experiment that may very well spell the end of the US as a world super power and an end to our abilities to defend ourselves, let alone those other countries that have depended on us being there. In the least, it shall be interesting and challenging.

May God watch over us and protect us.

This post was edited

Almost half of the voters are unhappy.
Err, more than half of them will be happy. That's kinda how Obama won !

Well, they will be until the current Congressional leadership combines with the future Administrative leadership to push a bottom-up economic program. Such programs have only ever resulted in less jobs and less incentives to produce good and services, meaning that things will become more expensive for those at the lower end of the economic scale, which appears to be the very ones who voted this group into power in the first place.

We are about to undergo a gigantic social experiment that may very well spell the end of the US as a world super power and an end to our abilities to defend ourselves, let alone those other countries that have depended on us being there. In the least, it shall be interesting and challenging.

May God watch over us and protect us.

Well, I hate to say this but, I'll agree to disagree. Having lived through Reganomics, I'd say that we are a long way from the end of the country. I would say that there are a lot of non partisan appointments being made right now. Is it not true that several of the republican backbone are being asked to serve? I think we need to forget partisanship for just a little while, at least until we have the economic strength to waste. At this point, I think Republican or Democrat, everyone can get behind the cart and push, there's always time for fingerpointing later.
I'd say that if the country survived the great depression, then we stand a very good chance of surviving this, which as of yet has not reached the same levels. So roll up the sleves everyone.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited