CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!

I know we said No Politics, but just thought you might like to know, that on this side of the pond at least, all the political commentators, TV Gerno's etc, seem to be pretty impressed and pleased re the turnout / outcome and there seems to be an optimistic feel for the future,
so,

CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!

Have a nice day! :)

This topic was edited
RE: CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!

We are hoping for better things ahead...

This post was edited

They don't have to live here!
I agree Tom, I fear a lot of bad changes are coming.

This post was edited

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys are Democrats? I think I know the answer, but I'm just checking.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
CONGRATULATIONS AMERICA!

I find history seems to repeat it self.When people see that the candle is getting burn at both ends, it's time to change. The fact shows That It's Fear that runs everyone lives and to this day I am noticing people are standing up to face fear in the face to make the changes for the better. We should all learn from this.Michael2005

This post was edited

The really sad part is that it is so easy to hate. Hate does not require much on our part, just a willingness to use negative emotions, which are usually just lying around. Even the lazy hate. While love, honor, and respect take a lot more effort and will.

There will always be people somewhere hating other people. Ever notice how the focus just changes from time to time?
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

lol...I'm not going into the politics of it all (haven't even really read the thread). However, I for one am glad it's over. It feels like this election has been going on for years and so dominated in ourmedia that I was really over it. Hehe...So, Congrats America for fiiiiinallly making up your mind on who you want for a leader.

Hehe...If you believe in the addage of good things comes to those who wait, I reckon Obama should be a God. LOL!

This post was edited

I have to agree with a few of you that this is a wonderful landmark in history and I'm proud that I've seen it in my life time. This is also the first time in recent memory that such an amazing landslide has occured. I hope nothing, but the best for this country and I hope the same for the new president elect. I now wait and hope that marshall law isn't declared and Obama actually get's to take office.

This post was edited

It was a close election, nowhere near landslide.

This post was edited

I think the "landslide" must refer to the electoral votes earned in the election 364 to 163. Not exactly a landslide but pretty well tilted to one side if you ask me.Yeah I know,I know...I think the electoral system sucks too. The actual end results of the popular vote where 53% - 46% with a difference of 7,985,732 votes. Not exactly chump change there.

This post was edited

lol...I'm not going into the politics of it all (haven't even really read the thread). However, I for one am glad it's over. It feels like this election has been going on for years and so dominated in ourmedia that I was really over it. Hehe...So, Congrats America for fiiiiinallly making up your mind on who you want for a leader. Hehe...If you believe in the addage of good things comes to those who wait, I reckon Obama should be a God. LOL!

It's dangerous when people put a man in that position, how can he possibly fulfill those shoes. However, I think many people have done just that. I read yesterday that Obama is already planning on reversing many of the projects Bush has in place. As much as this may be appealing to alot of people, this is already scarring a lot of us. The uncertainty of where we are going in this country is disturbing.

lol...I was kidding around, I honestly don't think Obama is going to be a God. However, I do think that your country made the right choice. You guys need a change in a huge way and while I know many people don't think he can do it, I think he can. Sometimes you need someone unproven, a brand spanking new face to see outside the box and I reckon he's that person.

This post was edited