RE:Epilators: has anyone tried them

i use an epilator and love it ,when you first start using one it is mildly painful for the first time but it gets better each time you use itas the hairs are smaller and have smaller and less developed root .normally when the hair gets to about 2 centimetres long it can be removed and it gives about a month or sometimes between removals.

This post was edited

I use a hand epilation technique to remove the longer and thicker hairs, which leaves me not smooth, but with a light covering, which blends in with the rest of my body. Wearing a rubber glove and selecting the ones that can be gripped is all it takes. Once I start, the pain becomes less noticeable as my skin seems resigned to it's fate. The ones that remain are in the 1/4" to 1/2" range and don't appear as stubble. Even if you want a smooth look, this may work as a first step before using the machine on the remaining hairs.Agree. I had to manually remove of all the hair before successfully using the epilator. Took about two weeks of plucking sessions.

This post was edited

Tried the epilator on the public region last night after trying trimming shorter than usual and not liking the stubble. Takes a lot of time to get every hair! I'd like to try my chest but I fear it would take ages and once you start you'd have to finish...

This post was edited

Your hair grows in cycles, so regrowth will start out to be a fraction of what you had when you started. I epilate once a week and now only get 20 hairs at most.

This post was edited

Cool. I did try the epilator a little but didn't try for a comprehensive result - rather just reduced the density. I managed to get it looking reasonably even in the mirror. How does one do the back? I guess assistance is necessary. I find that even trimming my back with a palm-shaped clipper rarely gets the perfect result - always a few wild hairs showing...

This post was edited

Agree, I think you will need assistance with your back. I am impressed if you used the epilator on your pubic hair without thinning it first. When I tried it the first time it was too much, so I plucked it all before trying it again. Took many sessions over a couple of weeks. These days I can keep the little amount of new growth plucked without using the epilator. The epilator is faster but plucking is more fun, spending quality time with my goodies.

This post was edited

Ooh, no. I've long plucked the pubes by wearing a rubber glove, leaving only the shortest and finest hairs which then blend in with the rest of my trimmed body, a solution for me that keeps the hair volume down without standing out as smooth and having consistent coverage even in s small swimsuit. I recently made the mistake of trimming with a #1 blade (3mm) instead of the planned #3 blade - oops - and by the time I realised it was too late. It was also stubbly, so that's when I thought I'd give the epilator a go.

This post was edited