I read the instructions about saunas,
Well,
and this I did not know,
If you spend a period of time that is comfortable in the sauna,
then a cold plunge or cold shower,
you can go back into the sauna again,
and so on until you have had enough,
but then
You need to relax for a period of time before showering again and getting dressed.
I never knew all that,
so next Tuesday I will do just that.
if anyone in the Scottish Central Belt would like to join me, its at Alloa Swimmimg Pool,PM me.
Peter

This topic was edited
RE: Sauna

The first time I used a sauna (many years ago) I didn't know I was supposed to carry a towel for sitting on.
I walked into the sauna naked and sat down.... right on top ofa red hotbrass screw head - I was branded !
(everyone else just laughed)

This post was edited

Oh ........ and another thing.
Don't take a paper back novel to read ..... The heat melts the glue on the spine and it just falls apart !
(it takes ages to clear up all the pages off the floor)

This post was edited

The first time I used a sauna (many years ago) I didn't know I was supposed to carry a towel for sitting on. I walked into the sauna naked and sat down.... right on top ofa red hotbrass screw head - I was branded ! (everyone else just laughed)

LOL! BeachC0mber...I guess you could say that your screwed for life?

This post was edited

Hi guys,

I attend a Sauna/Spa in Dallas that is based on the Korean style bathhouses, they have a men's and a women's only area beyond the locker rooms which are nude only. They have 4 Spas (hot tubs) with varying tempetures from 100F. to 112F. and also a cold spa that is 58F. plus they have a dry sauna and steam sauna. It is fantastic. Especially when the weather outside is cool.

The dry sauna is usually 183F!!!!
Adrian

This post was edited

When I lived in the UK I used to spend hours in the sauna (in and out) on a Saturday afternoon -naked of course. Not only is it refreshing but in the winter time, if you think a cold is starting the sauna is the best place to sweat thigs out.
I read a while back that the one sure way to kill off the cold virus was inhaling hot air, probably why politicians never seem to have a cold, so a hot sauna really is the place to go if you're coming down with one. Just remember to breath through your nose and not your mouth.

This post was edited

well i have just returned frommy swim and sauna.
i swam for an hour, and those swim shorts were a pain , lol
but once in the sauna room,
it was naked time,
i was the only one naked,
the other men has swim shorts on, hehe,
there is a steam room, sauna, rest room and showers all contained in the enclosed area
any way,
i had two trips into the sauna with cold showers in between,
followed by about 10 plus minutes resting,
then a shower and drove home,
now i am hungry and want my tea, lol
oh and yes,
it was good thank you, hehe

This post was edited