New front page

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable about having pictures from inside the site displayed on the outside to folk who haven't had to register ?
I've posted photos as I thought I was sharing them with (mostly) like minded folk. I'm not sure I like the idea of them being used to adverise the site...

This topic was edited
RE: New front page

I am not sure I am following you, but I believe that the only photos that will show up on the front page of the web site are: A) your profile pic for the purposes of showing the most popular and or showing who was recently certified as a true nudist. B) a rendom sampling of picture posted to the "general pool" of pictures. You have to specifically post the pictures into the general pool for them to be seen on the front page.

However, you can just post pictures to your own profile, where you can control whom can see them, by using the two options: A) truenudists B) friends. I have never seen any of those on the front page.

I hope this helps
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

To add to what JR said, reading this thread it did kind of bother me that the photo gallery was available for all to see. My concern is people stealing pics from this site to do with as they will. So, I logged out and went to page one to see how far I could go. Clicking on any pics automatically brings you to the log in screen, so really the general public has no access to our pics. They can look, but they can't touch which is fine with me.

This post was edited

To add to what JR said, reading this thread it did kind of bother me that the photo gallery was available for all to see. My concern is people stealing pics from this site to do with as they will. So, I logged out and went to page one to see how far I could go. Clicking on any pics automatically brings you to the log in screen, so really the general public has no access to our pics. They can look, but they can't touch which is fine with me.

Now to add to Swifts comments - I too logged out, and yes you click on any picture and you are taken to the "Login" page = BUT under the "Recent Forum Activity, I was able to get to any thread in the Forum with out a problem, and with the pictures, there are still their for anyone to lift as all I had to do was right click and "Save Picture As" I think personally their is way too much content on that page for this site it could be toned down a lot.

This post was edited

Went and logged out again wanted to check something, anyone on the outside has complete acess to the Forums, while I did NOT check to see if I could get to the groups, blogs or just how far one could go with out being logged in??? - I did find that every ones picture I could doa Save Picture As, so I am guessing we are pretty open to anyone??

This post was edited

Shit Al, i didn't realize that as I only checked the gallery. However, if you set your security settings so that your pics can only be viewed by friends and true nudists, outsiders can't take your pic.

This post was edited

Swift that is way I have it set, HOWEVER anyone that can see pictures can take them, what you suggested is only protection we have., by the way where are you now mate?

This post was edited

damn mate, you're right, you can still d/l the pics. I didn't realzie that, when I experimented with it, I went into the persons profile and tried to d/l. However, just did it straight from the forums, but fortunately the pic saves so small you can't realy see anything.

I'm still in Canada and expect to be here for the foreseable future. hehe..came at the wrong time, it's freezing. lol

This post was edited

Sorry to hear the Swifty, wish I could hep yea, but that is why w moved from Ohio to get out of the cold.

Ok, I just did another Log out check and this is what I found, I can see and read any FORUM topic and see any and all information as well as save the pictures, went to the Blogs, same thing, went to the Groups and the very same thing, went to the Gallery and got the Log in screen, went to the Chat and got the Log in screen, finally I went to the Nudists and found more info then I really care for some outsider to see as well as save a picture. I really feel that their is just to much of this site available to anyone outside of membership, I know I am sounding a bit negitave about this but really think most folks are not aware of all of this, but bottom line is their is nothing we can do about it???? - check it all out and let me know what you think about it?

This post was edited

Don't panic !!!!!!! .......If you're not logged in, you can save the thumbnails yes, but there's really no point, as soon as you try to enlarge them they picsilate (did I just invent a word?) anyway, you know what I mean, they distort. The sample Gallery pics are the same, but I would prefer them to be smaller. I would prefer not see any nude pics outside of the login, as I think this would probably put a lot of pervs off, In fact, I would like it to be mandatory for profile pics to be clothed, or portrait, and personal galleries accessible ONLY to true nudists. This would be more effective at putting pervs off. But this is the internet and you have to accept that nothing is safe. It is obvious that a lot of members don't care, or don't know how to operate their security settings. Everyone has the option to restrict individual pics to friends, and or truenudists, and choose not to post them in the main gallery, so I think that's about the best you could expect from the net. Just bare in mind, that it's probably possible to hack into restricted profile pics, but pretty unlikely that anyone would bother.

This post was edited

Hi Phil, not going to panic, I know it' the net and all, but I have to agree with you and I also know that more can be done to protect the members, I am on a site that everything that can be done to protect it's members is and that includes pictures. what is left open here is far more than I would think should be allowable to anyone visiting, but not much we can do about it? just wish the admin would forget about the mass amount of members and maybe try and do some revamping instead. Good go on the new word, knew I could count on you for something new.
Ed

This post was edited