RE:Illinois Beach State Park

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

This post was edited

Went today, relatively crowded but there were a couple nude guys about 2/3 the way down the beach, maybe the same ones Dan saw? I asked them if there had been rangers around, not sure English was their first language as they thought I was talking about rain.

There were a few too many people coming in and out even down near the Dead River for me to spend more than a short while nude. Usually I'd get in the water and skinny dip, but the lake was a little cold for that

This post was edited

I definitely want to check it out this summer

This post was edited

Starting immediately, the beaches at Illinois Beach State Park are closed on weekends, to promote social distancing.

I'll have to see if I can escape work on a sunny weekday

This post was edited

Hi. I may have some time to hang out by that beach in Thursday (08/27) end of the afternoon the earliest. Would love to try going there.

I unfortunately did not find lot of info. Is being nude there legal ? Is the ranger if coming by and sees you truly dont mind ?

If anyone would hangout there that Thursday, I could use a guide to find a spot. First time there.

Thanks.

This post was edited

So it seems the flies suck at all times of the year unless
the wind is blowing from the East? Trying to take the wife but the flies are the only issue for her.

This post was edited

I am here today. I went skinny dipping for a few minutes, there was no one in sight except a very old couple that was dressed and walking north close to the resort.

This post was edited

Update: after an hour I saw a few people
Dressed that were walking on the trail then turned around right away not close to me. 1 man did pass me by and sunbathed in shorts by the bushes. After a little bit I see someone coming from afar. I notice it is a woman and already in a bikini! She was walking very fast. I got naked as she got closer maybe 100 yards. She was walking closer to the water. I was on the sandy part. She was a woman in her 40's but sexy. I made sure to stare at her as much as possible and show her my front body unexposed, I thought for sure she was a fellow nudist. But at like 20 feet she turned and went up the hill and eventually left only turning her head to look at me a few times. I was disappointed to not have any fellow nudists around.

This post was edited

Update: after an hour I saw a few peopleDressed that were walking on the trail then turned around right away not close to me. 1 man did pass me by and sunbathed in shorts by the bushes. After a little bit I see someone coming from afar. I notice it is a woman and already in a bikini! She was walking very fast. I got naked as she got closer maybe 100 yards. She was walking closer to the water. I was on the sandy part. She was a woman in her 40's but sexy. I made sure to stare at her as much as possible and show her my front body unexposed, I thought for sure she was a fellow nudist. But at like 20 feet she turned and went up the hill and eventually left only turning her head to look at me a few times. I was disappointed to not have any fellow nudists around.

that was very brave of you to stand fully naked while that lady was approached, some people its very sensitive about nudity and will call the rangers, A guy was sunbathing with his g-string last summer while a lady walking by felt offended and called the ranger, even the police come over asking people around if seen any other naked, they give this guy a ticket and court to. If you like to be naked there you must be on the DL not exposed because you dont know who its ok with it and who isnt.

This post was edited

Has anyone been to the beach yet this year? Is there much sand left or lots of erosion? Tomorrow is supposed to be warm in the area but do not know if it will be warm so close to the water.

This post was edited