RE:Climbing Nude

I tried this 2 years ago just for the photo op.
I only made the first 2 or three easy moves on a 5.6 route. I would Definitely do it again on a short climb of say 20 feet on rock with good holds.

This post was edited

I am not a climber but would love to try. So if you find something and would like a partner I am in Boston but traveling is not a problem

This post was edited

Here is one good example who goes a step further and also doesn't use ropes.
Strange that somehow advertisement for "All the climbing gear you need" is at the beginning, when all the climbing gear he needs is none at all.

https://www.epictv.com/media/podcast/no-rope-no-chalkno-clothes---the-purest-form-of-climbing-%7C-epictv-fresh-catch/603113

This post was edited

I have done some on cliff faces in the Algarve, Portugal.

This post was edited

minimalist, great video link, thanks. I had sweaty palms watching that guy.

This post was edited

60 years ago, 2 friends and I camped for a weekend on top of Millstone Edge in the English Peak District, in order to climb as many routes as we could. Early on the Sunday morning we felt inspired to attempt the girdle traverse nude, except for boots, harnesses, ropes and rope slings, steel Karabiners (alloy ones were just emerging and we couldn't afford them), rock pitons and hammers. Our ironmongery included actual hexagonal nuts, with the threads partially filed down to reduce friction on the rope. I can't remember if we young lads had yet been able to afford helmets ... few climbers wore them anyway and we did not have chalk bags, which had not yet become part of a climber's gear. The rope was hemp, as nylon ropes were only just coming onto the market and it was laid or twisted as opposed to the Kernmantle or braided type.
We were spread out across the crag when three young girls were walking along the footpath at the foot of the crag and looked up, yelling something like, "Hello boys!" They did not linger and just walked away, otherwise we were tempted to abseil down to make their acquaintance.
The idea of climbing without boots and protection generally has no appeal although back in the 60's, I solo-ed some early season mixed routes in the Alps, still occasionally using a rope for protection, in case of retreat. This over-cautious approach was time-consuming for retracing moves to retrieve the rope.

This post was edited