What are the most common problems for new nudists?

Talking to others about it? Getting the correct temperature on the heat/AC ?

This topic was edited
MOST common problems;

There's a few for sure. I think the most common for newcomers wold be:
Overcoming the stigma enough to GO to a socially nude spot. Women tend to doubt the non-sexual aspect of it, and Men tend to COUNT on a sexual atmosphere. LoL (Myself included at first) It causes a trend towards a bunch of clothed men going to gawk, and women not going at all.
Once there, the next problem is joining in the nudity. The textile taboo about public nudity is based on body non-acceptance. The T.V. ideals of beauty in women aren't realistic, and makes real woment hesitate cause they tend to compare themselves against that unreal standard. .. Guys also wrestle with a similar problem. The chiseled ab, cut muscled, stereotype. Most of US don't look like that either..... Rather than a casual atmosphere, they may think it's some show-off beauty pagent. That ain't what it's about at all.

Talking about it's another big issue. The stigma has nudity as being shameful. Nudists often get funny looks from people when they mention it. The preconcieved notions I mentioned makes em thing it's some kind of exhibitionist orgy. It's NOT.

This post was edited
RE: MOST common problems;

Excellent, well said.
Having been a nudist for over 15 years, maybe 20 now. I find that the most "common" problems for first timer's have little to do with nudity and nothing to do with sex. After about 20 minutes, the average person forgets that they are nude. Provided there is a social activity going on. By accepting other people's bodies, with their irregularities, you wind up accepting your own body. This is a very healthy psycology and been the study of many groups. AANR and TNS both have information on their web sites. However, the most common problems that I have see over the years are just common everyday problems: (forgive me for my spelling and grammar)
#1 - Sunburn. We forget that we are now airing out our private places and that those private places now require sunscreen. A lot of sunscreen, actually. While the sun is good for you, in moderation, you will burn much faster in the "new to the sun" areas. A classic example is that every year at most resorts a guy shows up that normally wears just short pants outside, painter, carpenter, etc. So most of his body is tan. He then proceeds to attempt to tan the mid-section, all in one go. This normally produces what is commonly know as "Beacon Butt Syndrome". Refered to as "Beacon Butt", because the sunburn on his posterior is so bright, it appears to be a beacon when in a crowd of people and is even semi visible at dusk. It is normally laughed off, and someone always finds some pain reducing lotion, but sunburns can be a very bad thing.
#2 - Nude Ettiquite - The Stare. Without the experience, everyone is suceptable to having a few first timer problems. Most guys stare down women, right in the old eyeballs, when talking, for fear that they will accidentally look at the women's breasts and get caught looking. For women who have been nudists a while, some of them like to try to guess how long a guy has been a nudist by how much eye contact they get in a single conversation. Relax, there will be some normal glancing at each other, just be considerate, you don't have to stare her down like a cat, waiting for someone to blink. Just pretend she is clothed in her normal attire. Take a look, let it go, drive on.
#3 - Nude Ettiquite - The Mirrored Sunglasses - This is a more common problem at clothing-optional places, which, I feel that clothing-optional is tantamount to "inherent-problems" Never fails, some guy is sitting at the pool with a pair of swim trunks on, smiling, looking around with mirrored sunglasses on. Loose the sunglasses. If you are clothed at a clothing optional place, you are already making the ladies feel a little uncomfortable. The sunglasses are like a neon sign saying "I'm here clothed, looking at you, getting my jollies". My recommendation for the ladies is, don't go to CO places, go to nudist only, make them strip too, and tell any guy with mirrored shades to "please take them off". Most resorts frown on them and will say something.
Well, I think that covers a little of the problems. The big thing is skin care. I mean, after a few minutes, you forget, then you lean up against the black fender of the car, while in conversation and *sizzle*, it burns. Use common sense, do a lot of things just like you are clothed, just be aware of your skin. Remember, nudist is not spelled N-U-T-S!
Happy Nuding,
Jerry

This post was edited
most common problems

the most importained I think would do not forget to put sun tan lotion on every place.I did not and latter that night I ended up with a few areas over taned .

This post was edited
RE: most common problems

Bummer Swifty, but welcome back to the boards. You can always look for a travel group and maybe do a home visit. It's not as much fun as a beach or a pool, but it will get you networking....

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
RE: getting started

I have been a naturist for years,but only alone and where no one could see me. But over the last 2 years I have met a wonderfullady who likes to be naked as much as me,we have bought a house with a secluded back yard and we spend all the time we can weather permitting out there. However,I feel it is time to make my 'public' debut,thanks to a lot of comments on here and another naturist forum,so we are off to Fuerteventura in February. I don't know if My lady will go completly naked on the beach,but I will. So looking forward to it!!!!!! I bet she does in the end....I'll keep you posted.
Wow, it's really nice to read a success story, thanks for sharing, you are a lucky man.

I'm sure you'll both have a great time, look forward to reading your report :)

Phil.

This post was edited
RE: My fear is....

not finding someone to put sunscreen between my shoulders. I can't reach and if I don't find someone to help I get badly burnt.
I can relate to that!

This post was edited
RE: My fear is....

"Boomp." -- Jacques Clouseau

This post was edited