Best Sun Screen for All Over Tanning

I have tried many brands myself and I prefer Coppertone Lotion SPF 8 (non-greasy) for all day or Hawaiian Tropic Spray Oil (SPF 6) for the beach.
Anyone else have any recommendations for a good all over tan oil or lotion?

This topic was edited
RE: Best Sun Screen for All Over Tanning

It works pretty good for me too.

This post was edited

Being very fairskinned I usually use an spf30 until I have a base established. Then I'll drop down to a 15. Lol, Jen - if I were to use nothing y'all would mistake me for a boiled lobster! (Hard to tell where the snow ends and the skin begins!)

Jen

This post was edited

These past two years, I've used Copperton Baby spray on - 45 (I think). I used to use NoAd Baby; it wasn't greasy and did the job. I have to keep reminding myself to re-apply the sunscreen as I have burned on my shoulders.

This post was edited
RE: Sun Screen

You should also check for expiration dates. If the sunscreen from last year still has some in the container, 1) you didn't use enough and 2) it probably has expired.

This post was edited

Been using Blue Lizard for several years - I swear by it....... and it is low in nasty ingredients that you cannot pronounce.

This post was edited

If there are any newbies or occasional nudies reading this thread, one thing worth reminding walways is to protect especially well the areas that have not been used to sun exposure. Our skins have very different level of tolerance towards UV-radiation so not much general rules can be applied. I have never in my adult life used any stronger sun screen (even in tropics) than pf4, but I do take it easy on first days under the sun after longer periods in chilly climates. Bottom line is that I do not entirely trust the sunscreens, they may easily either give you false sense of security or on the other hand prevent the natural formation of vitamin D on your skin, so just gradual increase of exposure and taking care of skin moisture is my preferred way. I admit works only when enough time to adjust and skin that is not too sensitive for sun exposure.

TravelNudie aka Aki

This post was edited

Make sure it has both UVA and UVB protection

This post was edited
RE: Best Sunscreen For All Over Tanning

I have to agree with naturistmark on the Ocean Potion. When I was a kid I fell asleep on a boat, fishing, with mirrored sunglasses on. Very very badly burned my nose. It will blister and break open with the lightest sunshine if I don't protect it. Ocean Potion make a product called 'Face' an spf 45 potion that works as advertized. It's a clear Zinc Oxide that works extremely well. I'm very allergic and it doesn't bother my eyes, even is snorkeling with it on.

This post was edited

I love the non greasy ones, or the alcohol based ones as when I am done applying the lotion or gel as the case may be, I do not have slippery hands.
This is hugely beneficial as most if not all sunscreens say apply 30 minutes before getting your sun. This works for me as a I coat up at home and by the time I get to the beach, my 30 mins is up. The reason for beneficiality(is that a word?) is because greasy lotions make turning the steering wheel very difficult and can be dangerous to drive with a greasy wheel.
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

I am heading to vacation in 4 weeks. I previously, burned on my lower abdomen, pubic area even with SPF50. I usually apply in my room, put some board shorts on, then head to beach and remove. I don't like the residue that some lotions leave on your clothing. I have plenty of SPF50 and 30 ready. Going alone I like the sprays but some have to be rubbed in to be beneficial.

This post was edited