My experience without wife

I'm a long time married guy who has always enjoyed nudity but very restricted due to opportunities. Recently while I was on a business trip I had the chance to visit a nudist resort twice. Had no problem stripping down. So enjoyed the freedom of hiking, walking around, and hanging out by the pool. Loved the feel of the warm wind and sun on my body, especially after exiting the pool.
I did not tell my wife about the experience but would like for her to be a part of this lifestyle. After returning I asked her about going to a resort but she would not even consider it. Too self-conscious (she has a nice body) outside of the privacy of our home. Tried to explain that from what I've "read" I felt there is nothing sexual about it and that all shapes and ages (mostly older) are present.
I fully plan on returning to a nude resort next time I have the opportunity when I travel. Wary of asking for "permission" as I fear I may be denied. But don't like having to keep this part of my life secret from my wife.
Anyone with similar situations? And how do you cope?

This topic was edited
RE: My experience without wife

You can ask your wife if you can go to a nudist resort on your next business trip. If she says no,you can still go. You were still going anyway but won't feel guilty about not telling her! You can even invite her along.

This post was edited

I'm a long time married guy who has always enjoyed nudity but very restricted due to opportunities. Recently while I was on a business trip I had the chance to visit a nudist resort twice. Had no problem stripping down. So enjoyed the freedom of hiking, walking around, and hanging out by the pool. Loved the feel of the warm wind and sun on my body, especially after exiting the pool.I did not tell my wife about the experience but would like for her to be a part of this lifestyle. After returning I asked her about going to a resort but she would not even consider it. Too self-conscious (she has a nice body) outside of the privacy of our home. Tried to explain that from what I've "read" I felt there is nothing sexual about it and that all shapes and ages (mostly older) are present.I fully plan on returning to a nude resort next time I have the opportunity when I travel. Wary of asking for "permission" as I fear I may be denied. But don't like having to keep this part of my life secret from my wife. Anyone with similar situations? And how do you cope?Step 1 = "I did not tell my wife"
Step 2 = "keep this part of my life secret from mywife"
Step 3 = Hire adivorcelawyer.

This post was edited

Curious about the asking permission part - Why not just inform that this is what you are going to do - would love to have you along but will respect if you choose not to. I let my wife know when and where I am for the most part and she chooses not to join in social nudism outside the strict confines of where she is comfortable - her choice - as for me, I'm ok almost anywhere anytime - so I choose to go and enjoy myself - she is aware & does not necessarily "like" it, but I have presented the opportunity.

This post was edited

I use to "inform" my ex-wife of my intentions to do something she objected to me doing.
She "informed" her Lawyer. [NOTE: I said, "ex-wife." ].

This post was edited

Why not just inform that this is what you are going to do -Yeah, good luck with that.

This post was edited

Iwill refrain from making any comments about your relationship with your wife but i will tell you how it is in our marriage. If I have to ask my wife's permission to do something it's probably something that I shouldn't be doing in the first place. If I want to do something I always tell her. There is no use in having any secrets in a marriage sowe areopen about everything.
In your case the first thing that I would ask is the resort clothing optional? If it is, you should invite your wife to come along and stress that she cam wear what ever she wants. She does not have to be nude. She can enjoy the amenities of the resort and never undress. The exception of course is she would not be able to use the pool or hot tub. This is true for most resorts. She would be able to mingle with other people and maybe find a real friend or two. You can tell her this is something that you enjoy doing and would like to have her with you.
If she does agree to come and it's not as traumatic as she first thought, ask her to come the next time you go there. If she comes along, there is one thing that you should NEVER do. That is to ask her or mention to her about getting nude. Never do that. If she is going to do it, she will do it when the time is right for her.
What you can do now is to encourage her to buy a new swim suit, a beach cover up, some new clothes and some new matching beach towels for the resort. She probably won't deny you this request.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

This post was edited

To restate my simple questions:1. Anyone with similar situations?2. And how do you cope?
The logic string is pretty simple. 1. Yes or No. If "No", stop. If "Yes", reply to question 2.
Some people lacked the common experience which prevented them from relating and moving on to "How do you cope?". Therefore, they felt obligated to provide other advice or lecture. Makes me wonder if these are the same people who dominate most conversations with their uninvited opinions and "expertise" on almost any subject. It gives me the impression of arrogance and authoritativeness based on their extraordinary amount of time spent responding to any new post that appears.

This post was edited

My wife is totally against nudism and has made it quite clear she wants nothing to do with it, as she thinks nudists are perverted in some way. Where my situation differs from yours is, I am not frightened to live my lifestyle as I wish, AND do not have to hide it from my wife.
A successful marriage relies on honesty and trust, together with understanding of differences without the fear of retribution from your partner.

This post was edited

One way to try and ease into it is by having another couple over and let the women discuss it. Do you know any other couples who also like to get naked? If not, find a couple from the local club that would come over for coffee. Having a hot tub is a good way to break people in

This post was edited

Nudism is something I had wanted to try for a long time. After checking out things on the internet, I decided on a weeks vacation in St Martin/Orient Beach which I knew was mostly clothed on the north end but did some topless and some nude. After the first day or two I stripped down which my wife didn't freak out about. By the end of the week she went topless when no one was close by. She loved the place and we went back numerous times. She got more and more comfortable being topless and eventually went nude. She is now an avid nudist and we spend winters at a nude resort in Fla. I would have never guess she would have fallen in love with the lifestyle but happy she did.

This post was edited