it's that time again X.X

It's Saturday morning. You wake up feeling the cold of the air conditioning on your naked body as you walk toward the window, yawning and stretching along the way. You peer out noticing it's a beautiful day! A childlike excitement seems to surge through your body! You dash outside with you arms opened wide as if you were going to hug this bright and warm day! You sprint around the yard feeling free, unshackled by those "iron clothes" that distort and mask your true, superior form. Suddenly, you feel it. It's as if your being strangled. You double over on the ground; coughing, sputtering. As you feel the sweat form out of every pore you pull yourself up and trudge back to your icy hovel. Along the way you declare in a defeated voice, "Yep, it's allergy season again."

do you have any allergy stories?

This topic was edited
RE: it's that time again X.X

No, I don't.

This post was edited

I feel for you, man, although the allergies usually don't hit me hard that quickly! I had a flight to Chicago for a conference planned for some months last week, and the night before started sneezing and coughing...it went into my chest and lasted the duration of the trip. Woke the morning after getting home feeling great again! Get on a daily regimen of Zyrtec or Claritin!
Gator1

This post was edited

It's Saturday morning. You wake up feeling the cold of the air conditioning on your naked body as you walk toward the window, yawning and stretching along the way. You peer out noticing it's a beautiful day! A childlike excitement seems to surge through your body! You dash outside with you arms opened wide as if you were going to hug this bright and warm day! You sprint around the yard feeling free, unshackled by those "iron clothes" that distort and mask your true, superior form. Suddenly, you feel it. It's as if your being strangled. You double over on the ground; coughing, sputtering. As you feel the sweat form out of every pore you pull yourself up and trudge back to your icy hovel. Along the way you declare in a defeated voice, "Yep, it's allergy season again." do you have any allergy stories?Been there, done that. The only flowers I've planted have heavy pollen that doesn't get into the air. Our decks are not close to
flowers generally. The worst time in South Carolina is when the pine pollen falls in the spring.
I almost suffocated this past week when we set off bug bombs before heading out for a couple of hours. I had my pocketbook over my arm and noticed one of the containers needed to be into the room a little further. I thought I held my breath, but I could not catch my breath. Thank goodness my inhaler was in the purse and was used 3 times till the spasms went away.
Living full through modern chemistry. :) Cheri

This post was edited

Yeah its about that time of year for me too. Mountain Cedar does me in.

This post was edited

Yeah its about that time of year for me too. Mountain Cedar does me in.

This post was edited

Ragweed for me. Well... that and certain molds

This post was edited

...The worst time in South Carolina is when the pine pollen falls in the spring.
I used to wear hard contact lenses, and playing golf during pine bloom season was an adventure. I would have to stop every few holes to clean off the yellow stuff from my contacts. :(
gator1

This post was edited

I've never been alergic but as I get older I seam to be more affected every year? Anyone else notice the same thing?

This post was edited