Groups

Since joining this site, I have felt that Groups was a wonderful concept. Nudists could share experiences and ideas with other nudists with similar interests. I have joined several Groups as have many others. I am constantly surprised when visiting Groups that in many cases there is little activity, sometimes for several months at a time. Since we have similar interests, why are we not communicating?
Other members of your Group are interested in what you may have to say. Dont be shy.
I am suggesting that between now and Thanksgiving, each time we sign on, we make it a point to visit at least one group, which we have joined. Leave a digital footprint by responding to a post, creating a new subject or simply introducing yourself and saying, Hi.
Only your participation in the groups will keep them viable and worthwhile.

This topic was edited
RE: Groups

Since joining this site, I have felt that Groups was a wonderful concept. Nudists could share experiences and ideas with other nudists with similar interests. I have joined several Groups as have many others. I am constantly surprised when visiting Groups that in many cases there is little activity, sometimes for several months at a time. Since we have similar interests, why are we not communicating? Other members of your Group are interested in what you may have to say. Dont be shy. I am suggesting that between now and Thanksgiving, each time we sign on, we make it a point to visit at least one group, which we have joined. Leave a digital footprint by responding to a post, creating a new subject or simply introducing yourself and saying, Hi. Only your participation in the groups will keep them viable and worthwhile.
It's true what you say Art. I still think the only way to improve things, is to have forum activity flagged up on the group members profile in some way. Joining lots of groups is a sort of lazy way of showing on your profile what your interests are, and is a good way to get a feel of where someone is coming from, but I think it does mean they tend not to check all their forums regularly.

This post was edited

Hi Phil,
I like the idea of reporting Group activity back to the profile. Until that happens, a little effort to check in with Groups from time to time would be in order.

This post was edited

I find myself only looking at the groups that I have a good chance to find activity in. If it is one where that has not been any activity for a while, I tend to skip it. I like Linda's idea of posting to at least one group every time you sign on. We need to encourage that! In fact, I think I'll do a bulletin about it.
Gator1

This post was edited

Oops...Mac's idea.

This post was edited

Hi Phil,I like the idea of reporting Group activity back to the profile. Until that happens, a little effort to check in with Groups from time to time would be in order.
It took awhile for it to register in this senior citizen's brain but I think we have a "Catch 22" here. Without activity, we would still have no reporting. May be time for Plan B. Of course, if everyone posted as Linda has done, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This post was edited

What I actually think some people are doing here with groups is either creating or joining groups simply to tell others what their interests are.
I concur strongly with that view. Quite a few of the groups serve more as an egoboo for the group starter than as an actual interest in responses. For example, how many "EX YUGOSLAVIA (former Yugoslavia) NUDIST-NATURIST" members are there on TN?
Why not a new group? This is an open forum for all of TN is not it?
And how many Nudist on the TN from the former Yugoslavia that maybe nobody knows? And maybe it will be more?

EX Yugoslavia has had over 2o million people!!!!!
Former Yugoslavia Republic of Croatia is a paradise for naturists from all over Europe!!!

If you travel to Europe and the Nudist Nudism you visit the most beautiful camps in Istria?
Let's Naturist and Nudist and probably a lot of members here from Europe or the nudist beach on the Adriatic Sea and Croatia and Monte Negro Ada Bojana. Serbia, Belgrade Nudist Beach Ada ciganlija
enjoywith a smile and let a group of ex Yugoslavia to revive!!!!
A topic EX Yugoslavia Nudist I opened for friends Nudist beach in ex Yugosalavia right?
h3Group Description/h3
Group for nudist and naturists from the former Yugoslavia as well as friends from all over the world Nude! Grupa za nudiste i naturiste iz bivse Jugoslavije kao i za prijatelje nudizma iz celoga sveta! We are from the former Yugoslavia throughout the world on all beaches. Ima nas iz bivse Jugoslavije na svim svetskim plazama. Writing in Serbo Croatian and English! Pisanje na srpsko hrvatskom i engleskom da nas svi razumeju!
h3Group Rules/h3
1.Nudism as life style 2.Smile 3.freedom of movement and natural beauty of the body 1. nudizam kao zivotni stil 2. osmeh 3. sloboda pokreta i lepota prirodnog tela

and my dear Freund /Nudist, thank you for attention

This post was edited

It's funny this subject came up. I was toying with the idea of pruning my groups list, and even wrote a blog entry to that effect, just shortly before I discovered this posting. It's true that there's no point in belonging to a group if no one is going to communicate through that group. Whether posters agree on everything or agree to disagree on some points, the groups are there for discussion and some great ideas sometimes come out of those discussions.

So, what are we waiting for?

This post was edited

NudelnMA,
Do not be angry. But my group was perhaps just opened and you attract attention. And if you look a lot better groups that have long been open to them and nothing is written, there is no post. Sorry, but that group was good and active not only need to be opened, but that it also writes. The issue is much like and interest in life and this is narvno Nudist group supposed to breathe with full lungs here! All the best my friend TN.
we are all different but, of course, and nudists to us together.

This post was edited