Can someone explain this behaviour please

My wife and I were enjoying ourselves on an unofficial nudist beach. She is still new to the lifestyle and choose to remain in her swimming gear. Out of nowhere, a single male stood up about 15-20 yards from her parading a full erection. We didn't even know he was there until he stood up. He then walked down to the beach, glancing backwards at us constantly to see what our reaction was.
What motivates someone to do this? exhibitionism? narcissism? a desire to shock and offend?
Shock and offence was certainly the reaction he generated on both our parts.
Any thoughts on the matter appreciated.

This topic was edited
RE: Can someone explain this behaviour please

"What motivates someone to do this? exhibitionism? narcissism? a desire to shock and offend?"
exhibitionism? Yes!
narcissism? Yes!
a desire to shock and offend? Yes!

This post was edited

Yes, Yes, yes. - And no, naked does not make him a nudist!!

This post was edited

Yes, I guess that my questions were kind of self answering. I thought there was something really sick about this jerk doing that to an obvious couple. Of course it would be just as abysmal if he did it to a single lady, I just got the creepy feeling he got his jollies out of doing it to a couple as some kind of sick statement to the effect of "I flashed a stiffy at your wife...ha ha ha I reckon she liked it". Really creepy stuff and we won't be going to beaches any more as a result.
Do idiots like this realise that women aren't visual like men? And genuine nudist men aren't gawkers or flashers? And women don't get excited or titillated by actions like this, they just get shocked and disgusted?
Some guys need basic education in the female psyche. Naked men generally don't make them overly excited. Give them one of those books like fifty shades of grey or dante's inferno and they do get a bit friskey. And there's not one picture in these books.
If idiots like this could understand this, they could save themselves a lot of humiliation.

This post was edited

A better question is, what did you do about the situation?One guiding principle of nudism is "Lewd it and lose it."If the area you were in was an unofficial nude area it's possible to lose it completely if it's ruined by those who choose to abuse it for their own interests or worse, if officials decide to throw the bath water out with the baby and prohibit nudity in the area.If you simply watch the person you gave him what he wanted....attention. It provides positive reinforcement for a negative behavior.Rather, you and others who value the area as a place for nudists should politely and withing the legal rights of you and the individual let him know that his behavior is not appropriate or appreciated.

This post was edited

Sorry to read your sad story Brizman.
The first time for my Gal at a nude beach in Aus. we had a similar scenario, we went to Sunnyside in Victoria.
The wife got down to her nicks and I totally naked, walked along the waters edge and the returned to our belongings and sat down. Within 5 Minutes a dickhead dressed only in a shirt moved closer to our spot and started playing with himself. Unfortunately I was unaware of his actions otherwise I would have called him out as to his worthiness to be a member of the human race.
Luckily my wife was eventually able to push it aside and move on in developing her nudist lifestyle.
As I mentioned on another thread, these guys have no life and nudism is just a way of getting their Jollies off because their brain would get lost if it was related to their lower head.
Hopefully your wife can do as my wife has done and continue to develop as a member of the nudist fraternity. Best of luck to you both, maybe it would help if she was to read this thread.
Cheers Keith & Tam

This post was edited

A better question is, what did you do about the situation?One guiding principle of nudism is "Lewd it and lose it."If the area you were in was an unofficial nude area it's possible to lose it completely if it's ruined by those who choose to abuse it for their own interests or worse, if officials decide to throw the bath water out with the baby and prohibit nudity in the area.If you simply watch the person you gave him what he wanted....attention. It provides positive reinforcement for a negative behavior.Rather, you and others who value the area as a place for nudists should politely and withing the legal rights of you and the individual let him know that his behavior is not appropriate or appreciated.To be honest, the shock of it left me kind of speechless and unsure what to do. However I have subsequently thought that if it happens again, I will confront such freaks. To be frank, I'm an old fashioned Australian male who believes that men like him need a good punch in the face. Doing something like that of course can get you into trouble. I've resolved that next time I'm going to hold the little pinky up and laugh, i.e. you've got a little one. Pretty sure that's going to ruin the whole sick arse fantasy for him.
Btw, we weren't "watching" as you put it. There are things in your line of vision you just can't avoid at times. And I'm not impressed with your homily suggesting that my wife and I were somehow encouraging the deviant behaviour of others. Let me make it clear for you, my wife turned away immediately and refused to look in this idiot's direction. We were minding our own business and not interfering with anyone elses quiet enjoyment, we had this crazy idea others would do the same. And we're not responsible for the sick actions of others, thank you, nor are we the nudist ethics police who were derelict in our duty on the day.

This post was edited

Sorry to read your sad story Brizman.The first time for my Gal at a nude beach in Aus. we had a similar scenario, we went to Sunnyside in Victoria.The wife got down to her nicks and I totally naked, walked along the waters edge and the returned to our belongings and sat down. Within 5 Minutes a dickhead dressed only in a shirt moved closer to our spot and started playing with himself. Unfortunately I was unaware of his actions otherwise I would have called him out as to his worthiness to be a member of the human race.Luckily my wife was eventually able to push it aside and move on in developing her nudist lifestyle.As I mentioned on another thread, these guys have no life and nudism is just a way of getting their Jollies off because their brain would get lost if it was related to their lower head.Hopefully your wife can do as my wife has done and continue to develop as a member of the nudist fraternity. Best of luck to you both, maybe it would help if she was to read this thread.Cheers Keith & TamThanks for your kind words Keith, they were appreciated.

This post was edited

If there ever is a "next-time", enlist the help of your wife. Have your wife pay "attention" to the chap, (befriend him) and distract him. Then, you sneek over with a can of blue spary paint and paint his soon to be little bits and his butt!
He would be far too embarrassed to tell the police, would not want to be seen nude that way, and would run and hide for a month of sundays. If he has a gf, or wife, telling her how it happened would be a very embarrasing story.
I doubt he would ever try anything like that again!

This post was edited

then, you and your wife would have the last laugh seeing the chap with blue bits running off and trying to hide certain parts. It would be hilarious to watch!

This post was edited

If there ever is a "next-time", enlist the help of your wife. Have your wife pay "attention" to the chap, (befriend him) and distract him. Then, you sneek over with a can of blue spary paint and paint his soon to be little bits and his butt!He would be far too embarrassed to tell the police, would not want to be seen nude that way, and would run and hide for a month of sundays. If he has a gf, or wife, telling her how it happened would be a very embarrasing story. I doubt he would ever try anything like that again!Very tempting, however taking the law into your own hands can lead to bad consequences. And I wouldn't want my wife near the freak, nor would she want to be near him. Nice thought though, my own was to perhaps take a photo and let him know his rego was being recorded as well. Then tell him its going on the internet so he can be identified.

This post was edited