RE: first time naked

as a eight year old kid playing in the woods with others in the neighborhood, one dared us all to get nude he did then others than me . it felt great to be nude running and playing in the woods.

This post was edited

Hopefully if everyone will continue to open up and tell their stories it will help the new people who want to enjoy the lifestyle. It has helped me a lot.

This post was edited

I'm glad that I've gotten my wife to go fully nude at Hippie Hollow, just working on her to not be so worried about the day laborers who just go and gawk... wish they would be asked to leave as they aren't there for the experience, but to just gawk at the women. I almost wish Hippie Hollow required clothes free to make sure of those experiences not happening...

I don't understand the need they feel to gawk but maybe, after they do it a few times, it may get into their heads that nudity is not a big deal in and of itself.

This post was edited

who can forget their first days of junior high school and pe class, i still remember the speech from the coach , you will have a white t-shirt gym shorts, socks and tennis shoes, at the end of class you will shower no if and or butts or was that buts. i remember dressing out that first day just getting the locker open was over whelming but coming in and getting nude and showering with 30 others boys that were also nude was a experience for a 12 year old boy. but after a few days it was just the norm for going to schoool back than. i don't think kids even shower after pe these days, actually i think when my kids went to pe they wore their gym shorts under their pants. no wonder kid have all these hang ups now days.

This post was edited

We started the same as most, skinnydipping, and eventually found a nudist resort nearby and have never looked back. While we lived in WA we had six acres on a river and were naked all day with our grandkids for the few months in the summer that you can be nude. We loved to go to Sauvie Island nude beach when we could but you had the same problem there with the day laborers. The stretch of beach on the Columbia River is half nude and half clothed, all get along just fine. The day workers are hispanic farm workers in the area and they have no interest in getting nude just like to stare at the naked women and kids. There are usually 4 or more in a group and they just drink beer and talk in spanish as they watch, we have never seen any confrontations with them.

This post was edited

We started the same as most, skinnydipping, and eventually found a nudist resort nearby and have never looked back. While we lived in WA we had six acres on a river and were naked all day with our grandkids for the few months in the summer that you can be nude. We loved to go to Sauvie Island nude beach when we could but you had the same problem there with the day laborers. The stretch of beach on the Columbia River is half nude and half clothed, all get along just fine. The day workers are hispanic farm workers in the area and they have no interest in getting nude just like to stare at the naked women and kids. There are usually 4 or more in a group and they just drink beer and talk in spanish as they watch, we have never seen any confrontations with them.

Do they make anybody feel uncomfortable?

This post was edited

who can forget their first days of junior high school and pe class, i still remember the speech from the coach , you will have a white t-shirt gym shorts, socks and tennis shoes, at the end of class you will shower no if and or butts or was that buts. i remember dressing out that first day just getting the locker open was over whelming but coming in and getting nude and showering with 30 others boys that were also nude was a experience for a 12 year old boy. but after a few days it was just the norm for going to schoool back than. i don't think kids even shower after pe these days, actually i think when my kids went to pe they wore their gym shorts under their pants. no wonder kid have all these hang ups now days.

It was like that for me in school too, except for the shower speach, it was understood that we would shower. Nowdays, kids don't shower in school for the most part. My son said it was because there wasn't time before having to go to next class.After he joined the army, he got used to showering with others. He still isn't a nudist, but is more receptive to the idea.

This post was edited

Do they make anybody feel uncomfortable?

There are some at Hippie Hollow also, but usualy only two or three in a group. Most people just ignore them, possibly due to the safty in numbers mindset. There are often a couple of hundred nudists out there on a nice weekend.

This post was edited
RE: First time naked

Like most people I knew nudists existed but had no interest in joining them as I was growing up. In the early 60s I was posted to Europe and on vacation decided to visit some World War II locations with my wife and three children then 7, 6 and 4. In August 1944 the First Special Service Force, The Devil's Brigade, a Canadian/American Force and forerunner of both Canadian and American Special Forces invaded the island of Isle Du Levant off the southern coast of France so it was natural to visit there. We caught an early morning boat for the trip to the island to give us lots of time to explore and when we arrived ... horror of horrors ... everyone was nude. We had the choice of waiting half an hour for the trip back to the mainland or joining in so after a quick discussion we doffed our clothes and began to explore the island. The feeling of being nude was great as everyone knows and the novelty of seeing other nude bodies wore off after about five minutes. My wife felt hesitant about being nude in front of the kids at first but that quickly wore off also and the kids were having a wonderful time. We spent the day exploring and just relaxing. We stayed overnight on the island and the next day was also one of great relaxation. We caught the last boat back to the mainland that evening and we looked back on it as the highlight of our vacation.

This post was edited
RE: First time naked

Thought I would bring this back up for all the new members lately.

This post was edited