RE: What lead you to get into nudism?

mine was the funniest thing but looking back, I could hav got into trouble but people mostly see the fun side.I was camping in the seventies at torquay,a normal bathing surf beach,and my friends said that I,m allowed to go nude there,so I stripped off walked to the beach in my skimpy bathers,got to the beach and took them off.It felt good,so I went in the surf,by then the early morning rush was congregating,and before I knew it the beach was full of clothed people,i got out of th water and was getting stared at and laughed at,so I went bac to camp only to find out they played a joke on me.After that,i loved th feeling of being free and found there was a nude beach at point impossible,and went there twice a week,loved it and since then I will never go to a normal bathing beach,as a matter of fact I do all my work at home naked only wear clothes to go shopping or outside my property boundary

This post was edited

I started when I was on holiday in Sydney. I went to Lady Bay beach and haven't looked back since! I love being nude.

This post was edited

Born Nude!

This post was edited

Skin problems. Clothes have never felt good - started sleeping naked when I was a kid, going naked in private places on the grandparents' farm, skinny dipping, naked around the house and at anything countercultural (swimming holes, Rainbow Gatherings.) I'm a "nudist" now because that countercultural freedom has faded, and I'm so used to nudity it's hard to count someone as a friend if I have to dress for them - so the nudist world is a comfortable social space.

This post was edited

I first seriously thought about it around age 14 when I read an article about a nudist summer camp in the newspaper, and thought it might be a neat thing. Then I did some research on it, and discovered it was apparently a whole lifestyle, and secretly started trying it out whenever I was the only one home. Still haven't been to a beach or camp or anything, but I'm hoping to get out sometime this summer.

This post was edited

For me it was a chance to be quietly rebellious and not conform to the way we/I were expected.

This post was edited

I grew up in a very conservative state so I never experienced nudism until my early twenties. I went to a couple hot springs in California and slowly got hooked. It wasn't until I went swimming and hiking nude in Colorado at a hot spring that I knew nudism will always be a part of my life. It is so relaxing, and once you realize that no one has a perfect body and people except you for who you are that it makes nudism worthwhile.

This post was edited

I've always liked to be outside in nature. First experience I remember was playing naked hide-n-seek with the neighborhood kids at about 6 or 7 years old. I've never looked back since!

This post was edited

Hi all, a few of you may already know I,m very new to this..my lead into this at such a late time in my life come about from "what I really liked to do" while growing up and being married, My then wife & I really liked the idea of being naked together but really embarrassed to go public, so we,d go to public places and try to get away with making love without being caught..not because we liked the risk of being caught..on the contrary..we just liked the freedom..the open air..but hated the thought of being caught out!, so I guess I want to do this before I,m too old & unable to enjoy it...I,m still on the verge of going public & just looking for the chance to "go nude" legally in public but just need to find friends to go with! :-) x

This post was edited

Mine sounds different. I too slept nude for decades and was nude when alone for as long as I can remember. Clothed with others. It was never about social nudism. Only about five years ago when I finally stopped giving a shit about what other people thought did I open up and put it out there, and that includes to my spouse. Now I love the freedom of nudity, the equality of nudity, the simplicity of nudity. I'm a nudist. For 45 years I was a dude who liked to be naked.

This post was edited