A nudist study - Textile Yearly Clothing Costs VS Nudist Yearly Clothing Costs

Several years ago I did a study of what the average person spent for clothing, soap, dryer sheets, electricity, water, etc. What I calculated as the total average sum per person was $1,200.00 per year. I tried to include things like the average price of washing machines and the average time that they last.

Now, upon looking at that number and starting to multiply that by the number of people in a household and the number of years we are alive, I came out with some whopping numbers.

However, the average nudist cannot stay nude 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for multiple years. If we didn't have to get dressed to go to work, go to the store, or some other function, we would still be doing laundry for all the towels, sheets for the bed, etc.

Which got me wondering "What is the real financial savings as a nudist just in the area of clothes?"

I know that when I lived a more textile life that the washing machine was running all day on Sunday, whereas now, it's about an hour's worth of towels and such. A definate decrease in cleaning, probably an increase in how long my clothes last.

What do you think? How much savings as a nudist have you seen in your laundry and clothing bills?

Thanks
Jerry

This topic was edited
RE: A nudist study - Textile Yearly Clothing Costs VS Nudist Yearly Clothing Costs

Unfortunately I can't say what my savings would be living a complete nude life because I'm one of those that you mentioned who has to wear clothes far too often. I do know that after a roommate of mine moved out my water and electric bill was cut by almost two thirds. She changed clothes nearly three times every day and had the laundry to prove it. I can only imagine what it would be like to have not only the lower laundry expenses but the reduced costs of replacing worn out clothing as well.. It would be interesting to see those numbers though.

This post was edited