A helpful hint for messaging and posting

Using Google as Spell Check
Spelling has never been my strong point. For that reason, if I begin a post of any length, I will write it in Quark, run spell check, then copy and paste.
On occasion when I draft a quick response to a post or a brief original message the spelling error indicator will show up.
Ive discovered that, at least on my browser, I can type my closest approximation of the correct spelling into Google and the correct spelling will usually appear in the drop down menu. I can then go back and correct the spelling.
Phil is likely to have this posted elsewhere, along with his many other helpful hints but I kind of stumbled upon this by accident

This topic was edited
RE: A helpful hint for messaging and posting

Using Goggle as Spell Check Spelling has never been my strong point. For that reason, if I begin a post of any length, I will write it in Quark, run spell check, then copy and paste. On occasion when I draft a quick response to a post or a brief original message the spelling error indicator will show up. Ive discovered that, at least on my browser, I can type my closest approximation of the correct spelling into Goggle and the correct spelling will usually show up. I can then go back and correct the spelling. Phil is likely to have this posted elsewhere, along with his many other helpful hints but I kind of stumbled upon this by accident
Yep, you can find "pasting info" at the Comp group, not sure about the google thing, but I do do that as well, good for checking the correct meaning, without going to the trouble of waiting for a dictionary to load.

Good tip Art!

This post was edited

Using Goggle as Spell Check Spelling has never been my strong point. For that reason, if I begin a post of any length, I will write it in Quark, run spell check, then copy and paste. On occasion when I draft a quick response to a post or a brief original message the spelling error indicator will show up. Ive discovered that, at least on my browser, I can type my closest approximation of the correct spelling into Goggle and the correct spelling will usually show up. I can then go back and correct the spelling. Phil is likely to have this posted elsewhere, along with his many other helpful hints but I kind of stumbled upon this by accident

Great tip, Art! But...isn't it Google? I thought a goggle was something akin to glasses!

Jen

This post was edited

Great tip, Art! But...isn't it Google? I thought a goggle was something akin to glasses!

Jen

Oh that's good! Remember that I'm a Mac user. Sometimes we need goggles to Google. Now you know why I need spell check so badly. LOL

This post was edited

When posting something long I suggest MS-Word.
Does a pretty good job.
Specially for non-English speaking people.

This post was edited

When posting something long I suggest MS-Word.Does a pretty good job.Specially for non-English speaking people.
Sadly, M$ has taken great pains over the years to monopolize the market, and try to make sure that M$ products, and especially the good ones, will not run on anything BUT M$ OS's, thereby forcing people to purchase otherwise unneeded and unwanted M$ systems.
For those of us who do not use M$ ( for whatever reasons ) that option isn't available, but Open Office is ! ( and it'll run on M$ too, with possible exception of Vista and Win7, as M$ has a tendency to break past compatibility, again forcing their customers to give them more money just to stay even ) That's alo why you can't use Word to post on the web directly, unless it's a M$ server. Ka-CHING !$$!

This post was edited