Why...

...do so many people try to push the boundaries of good taste within this forum?

This topic was edited
RE: Why...

My suspicion(s) ?
That for some, perhaps many, dropping one boundary ( clothing ) is synonomous with dropping ALL boundaries.
OR...
In the US anyway, the textiled society teaches ( deliberately or otherwise ) that nudity is synonomous with sex, and therefore nude means a sexual free-for-all. That same society teaches that a sexual free-for-all is so depraved that there is no such thing as good taste, or boundaries of any kind.
In both cases, some will assume that since nude is ( erroneously ) synonomous with no limits, anything goes.
Some of the unintended consequences of an overly restrictive puritanical society ??

This post was edited

My suspicion(s) ?That for some, perhaps many, dropping one boundary ( clothing ) is synonomous with dropping ALL boundaries.OR...In the US anyway, the textiled society teaches ( deliberately or otherwise ) that nudity is synonomous with sex, and therefore nude means a sexual free-for-all. That same society teaches that a sexual free-for-all is so depraved that there is no such thing as good taste, or boundaries of any kind.In both cases, some will assume that since nude is ( erroneously ) synonomous with no limits, anything goes.Some of the unintended consequences of an overly restrictive puritanical society ??

Wow!

This post was edited

My suspicion(s) ?That for some, perhaps many, dropping one boundary ( clothing ) is synonomous with dropping ALL boundaries.OR...In the US anyway, the textiled society teaches ( deliberately or otherwise ) that nudity is synonomous with sex, and therefore nude means a sexual free-for-all. That same society teaches that a sexual free-for-all is so depraved that there is no such thing as good taste, or boundaries of any kind.In both cases, some will assume that since nude is ( erroneously ) synonomous with no limits, anything goes.Some of the unintended consequences of an overly restrictive puritanical society ??

After dealing with the public in a supervisory capacity for a number of years, I can say that is partly that above, and partly that there are some with a personality flaw that makes them act like a petulant child saying, "you can't tell me what to do. You're not my real dad."
Gator1

This post was edited

Additional......
( though I think this a problem that is all too pervasive in almost everything these days )
It seems we live in a *ME* time. YOU don't matter at all, beyond how you make ME happy.
I can do whatever I want, in any way I want, with no regard for other human beings, or any creature at all for that matter, so long as I'M happy.
You are irrelevant You are worthless. Me, I, mine, are all that matter. You merely exist to serve me, nothing more.
TT1 built this site for me. His views are irrelevant, he means nothing, I'll do what I want, and you WILL like it.

Childish ? Immature ? Inconsiderate ? You bet ! It's not just the under 5 crowd anymore.
Maybe it's just me. It's not everybody, but it sure seems many, many more than at any time previous in my lifetime.

This post was edited

Still....I can't help but wonder why those that disagree so much with the rules don't go somewhere that the rules are more in line with what they want to do?

This post was edited

Still....I can't help but wonder why those that disagree so much with the rules don't go somewhere that the rules are more in line with what they want to do?

My opinin?
Exhibitionist efect
This people need a thrill
If they go where everybody accept them as they are , no thrill!
But then again, I not a shrink
Case in point:

This post was edited

Additional...... ( though I think this a problem that is all too pervasive in almost everything these days ) It seems we live in a *ME* time. YOU don't matter at all, beyond how you make ME happy. I can do whatever I want, in any way I want, with no regard for other human beings, or any creature at all for that matter, so long as I'M happy. You are irrelevant You are worthless. Me, I, mine, are all that matter. You merely exist to serve me, nothing more. TT1 built this site for me. His views are irrelevant, he means nothing, I'll do what I want, and you WILL like it. Childish ? Immature ? Inconsiderate ? You bet ! It's not just the under 5 crowd anymore. Maybe it's just me. It's not everybody, but it sure seems many, many more than at any time previous in my lifetime.
It's not just you Curt, I see the same here in the uk.

This post was edited

On the highways, how many drivers conform to the speed limit? People, including nudists, have a tendency to test the boundaries.

This post was edited
RE: Re Why?

My two cents worth:

This is under the heading Sex and Sexuality. Unfortunately, when it comes to such an all-encompassing heading, were bound to disagree on what is in good taste and what isnt. Thats why I usually stay away from this category except to respond to certain threads that seem "safe."

And I could be wrong. Maybe they werent really safe. Im sure somebody, somewhere, already considers me to be perverted.

This post was edited
RE: Re Why?

This is under the heading Sex and Sexuality. Unfortunately, when it comes to such an all-encompassing heading, were bound to disagree on what is in good taste and what isnt..
And not only here. In real life nudist environments I'm finding some that push limits. Sexy lingerie that would be completely unacceptable in any textile environment, except a Victoria Secret ad, or a private encounter, Chritmas wrap highlighting certain body parts, and such, yet this seems to be somewhat more acceptable at "nude" gatherings. I haven't yet seen any that CROSS the "line" but I have seen some that definitely push limits.
To me, that's not nude, but I'm still relatively new to the social aspects of nudism, so I'm still reserving judgement as I strive to learn what is passable, where, and when. You're not going to find *me* with Christmas wrap around certain body parts at a nude Christmas party, but I've seen it now, so that combined with a newbies expected confusions does sometimes make it difficult to tell just exactly where the line is.
This is all that unstated grey area, though, and not "clear" violations of etiquite, like sporting a stiffy.
It's relatively easy to tell what's in that grey area, somewhere between *here* and *there* is a line though shalt not cross, but telling exactly where is that boundary is not always clear. As such, for me, I prefer to stay well away from perching on that perilous precipice.

This post was edited