Any nudists beaches in st augustine?

Working in saint augustine area for cpl weeks if anyone knows any beaches or places with a pool u can relax at au natural in the area I would greatly appreciate the info.

This topic was edited
RE: Any nudists beaches in st augustine?

Nothing legal. Just north of St. Augustine on the coast road (A1A) you will find the Guana Tolomato Matanzas Nature Preserve. Used to be a FL state park (Guana River SP) but was turned over to the Feds a number of years ago, but still patrolled by the FL Fish & Wildlife officers. People still go there and discretely sun bathe nude but discretion is the key. Park in the mid-beach parking lot, cross over A1A to the beach walkway and then walk north (to the left as you face the ocean). Walk for about 10 minutes and you should be well far away from anyone else. Do not go back in the dunes or vegetation as they will result in an immediate fine. The beach area has an irregular topography so you can set up your towel in one of the swales that provides some screening, but be sure you can see above the top of the swale to see anyone coming. Cover up if you see anyone and do not walk the beach nude. A number of people will shed their bathing suit once in the water.Hope this helps.

This post was edited
RE: Any nudists beaches in st augustine?

Nothing legal. Just north of St. Augustine on the coast road (A1A) you will find the Guana Tolomato Matanzas Nature Preserve. Used to be a FL state park (Guana River SP) but was turned over to the Feds a number of years ago, but still patrolled by the FL Fish & Wildlife officers. People still go there and discretely sun bathe nude but discretion is the key. Park in the mid-beach parking lot, cross over A1A to the beach walkway and then walk north (to the left as you face the ocean). Walk for about 10 minutes and you should be well far away from anyone else. Do not go back in the dunes or vegetation as they will result in an immediate fine. The beach area has an irregular topography so you can set up your towel in one of the swales that provides some screening, but be sure you can see above the top of the swale to see anyone coming. Cover up if you see anyone and do not walk the beach nude. A number of people will shed their bathing suit once in the water.Hope this helps.

UPDATE 2017: I have visited the beach described above 5 times in the past 2 weeks. The Middle and South parking lots/access are closed indefinitely due to damage to the boardwalks by Hurricane Matthew in fall of 2016. I have been parking in the only open access, which is the North parking lot. I have crossed the highway, turned south, and hiked 2.5 miles south (that puts me about 1/3 south of the access described above, which is the Middle lot. This Middle access (now closed) can be recognized from a distance by the twin tall palm trees high on top of the dune. Of the 5 afternoons, I only saw one guy briefly nude (before and after I passed him) a bit farther north, where you described going (which before the hurricane would have been the most logical, remote area). You will pass various beach "sculptures/art" made from driftwood as you go.
I have been nude at that location all 5 afternoons but I have been ultra vigilant, as this is my first time to this beach, and I am out of state. When anyone gets within 1/3 mile, the shorts go on.

Otherwise, I have sunned, skinny dipped the Atlantic, nude bodysurfed, jogged nude, beachcombed nude etc. for several hours at a time, with just a few interruptions by textiles. One guy came up and commented on my driftwood structure, then asked if people still got naked there. I played dumb. Could have been LE for all I know.

I did no flaunting, flashing or testing their attitude, and I don't advise you try that either. That's what kills a good thing. It's about another mile south to the nearest civilization (condos/houses at South Ponte Vedra).
Also the "GTM Reserve" , as some of the highway signs refer to it, is not Fed even though it carries the "National Estuary Research Reserve" label. That is a classification for protection, but it is still owned by the state and the beach is administered by the state Dept. of Environmental Quality. The estuary west of the highway is administered by the state Fish and Game, who may very well patrol/enforce the beach area if needed (I figure they have more actual LE officers than the Env. Quality folks.) An ATV came by one day, but it was a volunteer doing bird count studies, a few times a week I suppose.

- Nudeprewd reporting ---- 3/1/2017

This post was edited
RE: Any nudists beaches in st augustine? 2019 UPDATE

We decided to see how the situation at GTM was these days and wandered out on a Saturday afternoon. We parked at the middle parking lot and crossed the crosswalk to find a moderately crowded beach. Looking north toward Ponte Vedra we could see the swales lining the beach for a mile or more with thinner crowds. We walked north maybe a little over a quarter of a mile and it was desolate. We setup on one of the swales and no one walking by could have seen us. We were there for about two hours and saw one other person walk by.

This post was edited