Nudist opportunities while in the military

Excuse the title if it doesn't make sense or ... what have you, but ...
What nudist/naturist opportunities did you have while you were in the military?
I was onboard a ship. I always slept nude, got outta bed for watches, for muster, usually walked from the head/showers down into the berthing compartment with my towel over my shoulder. There was actually quite a bit of nudity in the berthing compartment and several of us slept naked, met one other nudist in my Divisionbut no other nude opportunities on board ship. WhatI found strange was thatthere were more places that guys were smoking dope onboard the ship and if I had found a place up, say on the signal bridge, to lay out naked ... I probably would have been keel hauled! One weekendIwas unable to go home and I drove south toward Santa Cruz, Ca to spend the day. I came upon Bonny Doon Beach north of Santa Cruz. What a great day I had there. I met some college kids my age, made friends, they shared their food and wine and other stuff. I loved that place. Every chance I got, I was on that beach. I tried to convert a couple of friends but sadly, no one else felt as comfortable there, as I did. The one other nudist wasn't too keen on the nude beach scene and preferred the mountains and woods. He was heavily into smoking grass so we usually went our separate ways.
Besides the nude beach and occasionally driving home and back to the ship, naked, during this time of my life, nudism was confined to the beach, my car and at home. Our homes didn't have a whole lot of privacy so my wife and I would go outside after the kids were in bed. That's when I started getting the itch to venture out passed the inside of the house and our tiny back yards. My wife was reluctant so ... we were home and backyard nudist for quite some time til about 17-18 years ago.

This topic was edited
RE: Nudist opportunities while in the military

I laid out naked atop one of Saddam's palaces in Iraq while deployed in 2004! Since I was working night shifts I had the chance to catch some sun prior to hitting the rack around noon time. It did get exciting a few times when the bad guys shot rockets overhead while I was laying there naked. I nevermoved and justfigured what the hell...there could be worse ways to go!

This post was edited
RE:Nudist opportunities while in the military

Nice story. I did a career in the Navy and have a similar story.

This post was edited
RE:Nudist opportunities while in the military

20 years retired USNavy!
I used to sunbath nude on the upper deck behind the bridge. All the good places to sunbathe you had to run an aloft chit, NO WAY!
While in the Med I was always looking for nude beaches that's usually where I spent my days in port when not on duty or on a USO tour, the only real obstacle was the buddy system, but I could usually find a friend that would go and spend time at the beach. They didn't always get naked, but the eyeball liberty was unsurpassed. I would get approached when getting near to a port regarding where the nude beaches were. I took some guys with me. Others were just going to gawk, so I was careful who I helped out. Most guys on board knew of my proclivity for nudity. It got much more difficult when stationed on a ship with females.

This post was edited