Hot Tubs

A few years ago my home/backyard nudist wife was personally paralyzed going socially nude. At that time I read a guys post and part of was 3 have to things for home nude get togethers. A Hot Tub, A Hot Tub and a Hot Tub. I found it both interesting and humerus. I had put a hot tub in our house just a couple years previous. When we first got it of course my wife and I would be nude when we used it. When company came over my wife would not permit me to be nude depending on who the company was and she always wore a bikini.
The few nudist we knew at that time felt awkward and the woman would suit up because my wife was. That made me feel awkward as a host. My best friend was a nudist and came over often to get naked time as he always had a house full at his place. In short one day him and I were getting in the tub and I asked Luann if she was getting in with us. She disappeared to the other room I was guessing to put on her bikini. Next thing we knew she walked by us naked towards the hot tub room. Yes my buddy and I were a shocked but of course carried on as if it were a natural thing to her.
I had already grown very weary of the awkwardness of some people nude, others not so I put a sign on the tub "No Clothing Allowed". I won't bend the rules for my tub (one thing in the house that is mine) and we have never looked back. Everyone clearly knows including our textile friends if they want to use or come to our tub parties it is not clothing optional. By accident I discovered this quickly helped Luann become relaxed being socially naked.
Another benefit was the tub was so much easier to maintain and less laundry. I wish I had put that sign up from the get go. I learned a lot about etiquette in hosting home nude get togethers through the hot tub experience which in turn sets a very relaxed fun atmosphere.

This topic was edited
RE: Hot Tubs

We have one and I never wear a suit in it. And if my kids aren't home my wife doesn't either. About the only time she is nude outdoors.

This post was edited

Question for anybody with a hot tub: Do you recommend having a 'roof' {cannot think of a better word}, something like a 'gazebo' or whatever, over your hot tub, or can it be left open all the time? {Other than 'winterizing' it in cold weather months.}

This post was edited

Question for anybody with a hot tub: Do you recommend having a 'roof' {cannot think of a better word}, something like a 'gazebo' or whatever, over your hot tub, or can it be left open all the time? {Other than 'winterizing' it in cold weather months.}Ours is left open. Love looking at the stars on a clear night. Of course if it's raining we can't use it. We do have a cover to keep debris out and warmth in when not in use. I've thought of putting the cover on some sort of pulley or poles that you could raise and lower so you had the option. Think it would be really cool! Might be a good money maker as well.

This post was edited

We used to have a hot tub in our three season room behind the house. My wife and I used it after putting the kids to bed. They were young at the time and were not welcome to use it. We always went nude. When we had guests that asked about it, I told them that they were welcome to use it with us, but that no clothes were allowed. Not surprisingly, no one took us up on our offer and some called me a perv. We gave the tub away when its use slowed down.

This post was edited

Question for anybody with a hot tub: Do you recommend having a 'roof' {cannot think of a better word}, something like a 'gazebo' or whatever, over your hot tub, or can it be left open all the time? {Other than 'winterizing' it in cold weather months.}The last two we had were attached to the pool so they were opened to the sky. Our very first hot tub was an above ground tub on a slab. I was building a patio cover or pergola over it but we sold the house and I didn't finish it. I like having a cover over the top for rainy nights. I think it would work good for snowy days and nights. If I had an above ground hot tub again ... I'd consider putting a cover over the top.
I also bought a cover for the tub. Kept it clean and hot ... always. Our hot tubs attached to the pool get as dirty as the pool and we have to heat it every time we want to use it and by the time it heats up, some times we aren't in the mood anymore. :-)

This post was edited

Friends of ours have a hot tub. They put it on for their annual New Years Eve party. It's known by all attendees that it's a nude hot tub. Nobody seems to have an issue with it. :)

This post was edited

Hot tub is a necessity ! And it is known, no textiles! I have a sweet pergola over mine with tempered glass for clear sky watching plus allows tubbing w/o getting rained on here in the NW. Traveling nudists, welcome!

This post was edited

My last house had a hot tub. It was on the deck in the one place that could be seen from the driveway to the riding stables next door. Always thought that odd. I still kept it nude only since you were only briefly exposed until you jumped in. I will say that maintenance was a breeze. Just a bromine tablet and every once in awhile washing the filter. No weird bubbles or soap scum to deal with. It was on a covered screened deck which helped with the bugs. Also had an insulated cover to keep the heat in.

This post was edited

Any UK hot tubs near me that I can jump in?

This post was edited

My last house had a hot tub. It was on the deck in the one place that could be seen from the driveway to the riding stables next door. Always thought that odd. I still kept it nude only since you were only briefly exposed until you jumped in. I will say that maintenance was a breeze. Just a bromine tablet and every once in awhile washing the filter. No weird bubbles or soap scum to deal with. It was on a covered screened deck which helped with the bugs. Also had an insulated cover to keep the heat in.Originally ours was down off of the deck in the back yard. Since our property is very wooded the neighbors could not see you there. I recently moved it up onto and extended the deck for it. Now you can come right out of the back room and into the tub. It is open to our neighbors on the right somewhat but their house is quite a ways away and closer to the road than ours. They have stables in the back and only their horses really see us and they don't seem to mind(oddly enough they have come over to the fence and watched though, the horses that is). And as someone else had pointed out your only out in the open for a minute or so. At night there is no problem.

This post was edited