Go knock on a neighbour!

Winter is beginning to take a grip, in many places around the world. Every year, literally hundreds of elderly people die from hypothermia, in their own homes! simply because they think, that they cannot afford to turn on the fire.

So, take a few minutes to remember any elderly people in your vicinity, and go and give them a knock. Just say, "Hi, I just wanted to check that you are ok, and are warm enough in this terrible cold weather." You WILL have a spare duvet, somewhere, take it with you (you can replace it in one of the cheaper supermarkets for less than 10, inc cover) A lot of elderly people will not have seen one before, and not know the insulating properties of them.

Tell them to lay on one side of it, and pull the other half over and tuck it in. Or, put it on a chair and wrap it around themselves. Many of them will be very proud and reluctant to accept what they see as charity, so you may need to be assertive. You can say that they're just borrowing it until the weather improves.

DO IT NOW!, ... you, ... yes even YOU! ...

canSAVE a life.

Thanks. It'll make you feel good! :)

Phil.

This topic was edited
RE: Go knock on a neighbour!

It might be better to go knock on a neighbor's door. LOL

Seriously, this is a good suggestion, just what is a duevet? Supermarkets here don't carrry them.

This post was edited

A duvet is a comforter. In the US, supermarkets (other than those 100,000 square foot megamarkets) most likely won't have them, but WallyWorld, Amazon, Overstock.com, and other retailers carry them. A duvet (RP IPA: {duve}, GenAm IPA: {duve}, from the French duvet "down", IPA: {dyv}) (or continental quilt or doona) is a type of bedding a soft flat bag traditionally filled with down or feathers, or a combination of both, and used on a bed as a blanket. Duvets originated in rural Europe and were made from the down feathers of the eider duck, known for its usefulness as an insulator.
Duvet
It's a wonderful thought in keeing with meaning of Christmas.
OK NudIn! ..... So you can type faster than ME!

But I've started so I'll finnish!

Haha! .... Ooops!
It's a French word for a big, thick, soft, quilt type of blanket, originally filled with down (Soft Duck feathers) but now days there are all kinds of synthetic fillings. (very efficient) Over the last 20 or so years, everyone in the UK uses them. They are rated with a "tog" rating, I reckon 15 tog is about the minimum you want, though it might be a bit much for the summer (you can always throw it off) You put it in cover like a big pillow case, saves a lot of washing and time making the bed too!

This post was edited

Thank you, Phil, for an excellent suggestion!

J

This post was edited

It's very telling that those tribal cultures where the people revere and honor the elders are the ones that we "civilized" humans call primitive.
So true!

This post was edited

Phil, In reading many of your posts on TN I have sometimes disagreed with your point of view on certain specific topics related to nudism ( what those topics are hardly matter right now ). But I have to say that I am very, very touched by this message that you have sent out to all of us. It is wonderful that even though this is a forum related to nudism, our interests do indeed go way beyond issues of sunblock, body hair and somebody giving us a funny eye at the beach. You are the BEST for reminding us, in the best spirit of the holidays, that there are always others our there who have less than we and could use our kindness and humanity. And up above I think that you just helped an angel earn his/her wings. Here is wishing YOU a wonderful holiday.
Thank you.

This post was edited

Beautiful, Phil.
Now all this world need is about 500,000 more like you.
Just Beautiful!

This post was edited

She died 2 weeks ago, not of the cold i think but of loneliness. Now i wonder if she would still be alive if i visited her more often.
Don't think that. You should wonder if she would have died sooner if you hadn't been helping her. You did what you could, and more than a lot of people would.
Very well said and so very true Freedomrider.

This post was edited

She died 2 weeks ago, not of the cold i think but of loneliness. Now i wonder if she would still be alive if i visited her more often.
Don't think that. You should wonder if she would have died sooner if you hadn't been helping her. You did what you could, and more than a lot of people would.

You don't know that. Don't carry that weight on your shoulder -- it's not good for you.

This post was edited

You don't know that. Don't carry that weight on your shoulder -- it's not good for you.
How do you do that, not carrying that weight?
Followed your advice Phillfreeeuk, yesterday i bought some duvet's, so i went to my neighbours living below me. They all told me i was crazy before they acceptedthe duvet
One neighbour actually gave me money for it...
How do you not carry that weight? ... Believe us when we tell you that you obviously made her last days MUCH happier than they would otherwise have been. You should be feeling proud of yourself. Not many people will have the satisfaction of knowing that they made such a difference to someone's life.

And well done with those duvets, didn't mean for you to go and buy them, but thanks, the world would be a much better place if there were a few more like you around!

This post was edited

How do you do that, not carrying that weight?

I did not mean that literally. Phil and FreedomRider have answered your question.

This post was edited