The Nudists Were Right!

In the wake of the latest scare in airline travel (the Christmas Day close call at the Detroit airport), Frederick S. Lane at Beacon Broadside says nudists have the right answer when it comes to airline security.

Many people don't want tosubmit to a pat-down. But the promise that our scanned bodies won't wind up on the Web somewhere may not sound convincing to some. Therefore, why not give people the option to simply present themselves naked? No pat-down, no photography, but definite assurances that nothing is being carried on the passenger's person that hasn't already been found in the clothing which the passengercan then put back on to board the plane.

Don't like stripping down? Well, you can always choose the pat-down or thescanner...

This topic was edited
RE: The Nudists Were Right!

in a cavity?

This post was edited

I for one do not mind the security to prevent terrorists, but the foolishness has gotten out of control now....no fingernail clippers? no books? no newspapers?no water?
It seems the aim of terrorism is to disrupt regular life and incovenience the population, and I put it to you all, the bastards have already won!
I for one will be curtailing my air travel, just because I hate having the sercurity nazi's pry into my personal posessions, my lifestyle, and my background. I value some of my privacy still......travelling used to be SUCH a pleasure...

Insert big sigh here...

This post was edited

I think Chicken Little should be put on the no-fly list. He said the sky is falling and I have seen no evidence of this.

This post was edited

I travel frequently and have joked with my wife that if I get any hassle from TSA I am simply going to strip and let them look me over. But, I live in the "bible belt" and I'm sure the police would be there to arrest me immediately
Here's an idea. Segregate security by the sexes. then it would be just like being in a common shower at a health club.

This post was edited

I would strip naked, if it were allowed.
Stripping naked doesn't solve the security problem. There could be a bomb in a pocket in the clothing.

This post was edited

Well Paw the Dog, it is amazing that as soon as Linda makes a post on here you jump to criticize it. We are all here to have fun and get along and it seems you just arent going to let the issues between the two of you drop. Why is that?

This post was edited

after 9/11 when they went from private contracted security to the tsa they gave current screeners/security 1st go at the testing process. in the cleveland area testing the current screeners had about a 40% success rate at passing the testing. a part of the testing was a computer simulated program of items going thru the x-ray machine and you had to determine if there was anything danerous on the screen.

This post was edited

In the wake of the latest scare in airline travel (the Christmas Day close call at the Detroit airport), Frederick S. Lane at Beacon Broadside says nudists have the right answer when it comes to airline security. Many people don't want tosubmit to a pat-down. But the promise that our scanned bodies won't wind up on the Web somewhere may not sound convincing to some. Therefore, why not give people the option to simply present themselves naked? No pat-down, no photography, but definite assurances that nothing is being carried on the passenger's person that hasn't already been found in the clothing which the passengercan then put back on to board the plane. Don't like stripping down? Well, you can always choose the pat-down or thescanner...
Nice one
And actually a practical one lol

This post was edited

Well Paw the Dog, it is amazing that as soon as Linda makes a post on here you jump to criticize it. We are all here to have fun and get along and it seems you just arent going to let the issues between the two of you drop. Why is that?
Havent been here for 2 weeks.
Do we have a fight here again????

This post was edited

I travel frequently and have joked with my wife that if I get any hassle from TSA I am simply going to strip and let them look me over. But, I live in the "bible belt" and I'm sure the police would be there to arrest me immediately Here's an idea. Segregate security by the sexes. then it would be just like being in a common shower at a health club.

One minor problem that everyone appears to have overlooked up to now - what if it's not the passengers but the crew who pose the threat? I seem to remember hearing a story about Joan Collins once working as an airline stewardess and serving the flightdeck crrew their meals in literally just her uniform - hm, gives you something to ponder doesn't it?
As far as I know , only one time in history there was a crew member involved
Security members usually , like doctors , go with statistics.
Therefore , if you are a 28 years middle eastern with no wife or kids , who belong to a cretin religion , you have a greater chance to end up with a finger up your $%
Beside, crew members are submitted to security checks and closer eye of the authority.

This post was edited