"Kites With Lights"--Jockey's Ridge State Park, NC Outer Banks, 29 NOV 2014

KITTY HAWK KITES puts on an annual event called "Kites With Lights" every year during the last weekend of November. It is located at Jockey's Ridge State Park, in Nags Head, North Carolina. The wind was 'weak' this year, so there were not quite as many kites being flown as in previous years.

This topic was edited
RE: "Kites With Lights"--Jockey's Ridge State Park, NC Outer Banks, 29 NOV 2014

The photo in my previous post: The two large kites in the left/center portion of the photo have Christmas lights strung along their kite lines and attached as 'tails'. Those were powered by gasoline generators the KHK folks brought up onto the dunes. The three kites in the right portion of the photo have battery-powered flashing LED lights attached to them. IF I can figure out how up u/l {or link} a video here, I will post one or two of the videos I shot....

This post was edited

The kite store was out of stock .... order canceled. haven't found it elsewhere or different one yet. want one bigger than 1 square meter single line for windy cond. will order soon ...It happens....

This post was edited

Hey folks, I final bought 2 kites, they came in mail 2 days ago and didn't cost 1/2 of what i expected to pay.Both are para foil kites with no sticks, ram air inflated . single string.... Bigger one is 85 cm x 165 cm ... about 1.5 meter square area. figured this wood be big butt not crazy big for 1st 'adult' kite. can carry some load and can handle higher winds too. second kite is also para foil and smaller ... folds up and put in your pocket, got extra string for it .... flying MI to FL next week for 9 days ... hope to fly it at the beach....
The GREAT THING about parafoils - or any 'air-inflated' kite - is that they can be folded up for traveling, without having to deal with any kind of framework.
My only suggestion would be that if the wind is a bit strong, your parafoil[s] might need a tail or drogue for stability. Also, if one tends to *always* go to the left or to the right, you MIGHT need to adjust the bridle lines. But if you do, make adjustments in SMALL increments, and only adjust one bit at a time.

This post was edited