Sex Offender Label?

Someone recently told me that being caught driving nude in the US will result in you being charges with a felony offence and a label for life as a sex offender.
Is this really true? I just did a long cross country drive last summer, and the majority of the time I was nude and enjoying the sunshine, so this comes as a huge surprise to me.
Is this a fact or is it just another urban myth?

This topic was edited
RE: Sex Offender Label?

Better question yet
If you drive a mobile home
Arent you allowed to be naked at your own home???

This post was edited

Better question yet If you drive a mobile home Arent you allowed to be naked at your own home???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Trust YOU! ...... Baman!

Good question!

This post was edited

Someone recently told me that being caught driving nude in the US will result in you being charges with a felony offence and a label for life as a sex offender. Is this really true? I just did a long cross country drive last summer, and the majority of the time I was nude and enjoying the sunshine, so this comes as a huge surprise to me. Is this a fact or is it just another urban myth?
The laws vary by state, in TX simple nudity is just like a speeding ticket, nudity with intent to alarm or arouse is class B which is harder to prove but can carry up to six months in jail. Neither is a felony or requires sex offender registration.

This post was edited

I agree with Tx - the laws, and whether they are enforced, will vary from state to state, county to county, city to city. I would guess that in most places, if they are similar to Chicago, public nudity will be a misdemeanor. Though the charge may be "indecent exposure", simple nudity is unlikely to put one in the sex offender category. Obviously, though, I'm guessing.
But if one wants to push the envelope, so to speak, it's best to be prepared to accept the consequences.

This post was edited

Oops - hit the submit twice. So I'll edit this one to say come join the Daring Nudists group, where envelope pushing is a way of life.

This post was edited
At night

I rarely do it, but when I do it is definately at night. I also do my best to avoid major roads (as much as possible), will hang back from other vehicles and always keep clothing readily available to at least cover with if not get dressed quickly. I don't chance it often but I do get the itch from time to time. You just have to be smart about it.

This post was edited
RE: At night

I rarely do it, but when I do it is definately at night. I also do my best to avoid major roads (as much as possible), will hang back from other vehicles and always keep clothing readily available to at least cover with if not get dressed quickly. I don't chance it often but I do get the itch from time to time. You just have to be smart about it.
Sound to me like too much stress and workkind of the opposite to the concept of being nude
( liberating , freedom sensation )

This post was edited
RE: At night

It isn't that much stress and work, but you do have to be careful. And you are right, being worried about getting caught shouldn't be what it is about. Which, again, is why I don't make it a regular habit. There are things I enjoy much more than just driving and I generally stick to those. :)

This post was edited

I drove nude once, just for the thrill of it. It was a short distance, and it was at night. No more. It isn't worth the risk. As Rabbit pointed out, we live in a witch hunt society, that is hyper about child abuse and sex abuse. It has happened multiple times that somebody was arrested, because they got their jollies by getting out of the car nude in the presence of women or children. If you are driving nude, somebody could jump to that conclusion.
In some jurisdictions, sex offenders are required to register, so that anybody can find out whether any sex offenders live in the neighborhood.

This post was edited

In this day and age, the adverse publicity coupled with the risk of prosecution and a record,
makes anything other than a very remote area, not worth the risk.

This post was edited