new to this

Hi there everyone. My wife and I recently agreed to taking a small vacation this year to try out the waters at a nudist resort to see if it interests us.
We are quite nervous. To tell you the truth there are some things that have been making me reconsider. The websites I have been to and the forums I have read are a bit threatening and non welcoming for new people like us.
I guess my biggest fear is getting an erection. This would be my first nudist experience and I'm not sure what will happen. This has really been wrenching at me because I don't want to upset anyone or get into trouble. Our choice at nudism is non sexual and I wouldn't want anyone feeling uncomfortable. The websites I have visited say things like, "you should be ashamed of yourself" or "how could you bring up such a thing."
My wife is concerned because she is overweight and very shy. She fears thatothers will judge her looks.We werehoping an experience like this would bring her out of her shell.
I guess my biggest question is, what can we expect our first visit to a nudist resort, what kinds of things are there to do and should I really be worried about an erection? If not what might my biggest challenge be?
Thanks so much.
One more thing I forgot. My wife and I love to take pictures. Some of the resorts we have seen havebeautiful landscapes. Are cameras generally accepted or banned in nudist areas?

This topic was edited
RE: new to this

Welcometo the site, calciumrich.

I think you and your wifewill find your first time experience to be relaxing and liberating. Often times on nudist forums the subject of fear of erections for the first timer at nudist resorts comes up over and over again.It gets a little frustrating at times to the long time members to addressing the issue over and over again.

It is a natural concern. And has been addressed here in this forum many times.Here are some of the other threads where this issue is addressed.

Firsttimer needing advice
A taboo subject
Erection
A rude problem
There are many others, these were just the ones I could find in a hurry. And if the original poster leaves the site, the thread disappears as well. But these should answer some of your questions. If not, feel free to ask them here...you'll get lots of differing opinions!
Again, welcome to the site.

If your wife has any concerns, please have her post as well.

Jen

This post was edited

Hi, and welcome to the site.

There is a now a lot of info here on the forums, but finding it can be a bit time consuming. Suggest you take a look at Nudrunr's contributions. He has done a fantastic job of documenting his journey into this life style, and a lot of his writings will be very helpful to the newbies, in their efforts to understand where we are coming from.

It's well worth investing a little time in learning how the site works,
in order to get the most out of it.

WELCOME! ..... to TN :) :) :) .....START HERE!

This post was edited

It has been stated by many of the long timers that when visiting a nude area for the first time the "nerves" dont generally allow you to get an erection. It is not a sexual experience at all. You will probably be surprised at how you dont even think about it when you get there. As for your wife, everyone is so nice and judgement is not even a factor. All shapes and sizes of people will be there. Everyone just as accepting as they can be.

This post was edited
Hi and Welcome

I have never been to a resort, only to nude beach. I have heard that most resorts do not allow cameras, you would need to check with the specific resort you are planning on going to. I have seen pictures posted on here by friends that were taken from inside their room at the resort, so that may be your only option. The people who go to resorts are average people, not supermodels. You will find a wide variety of ages and sizes, no one cares, it is the way a person behaves that matters. Hope this helps.

This post was edited

Just found this that Jerry posted on another thread a while back.

EDIT: it came from here:

"What are the most common problems for new nudists?"

Though as the name suggests, it's more of a list of problems, rather than answers.

Having been a nudist for over 15 years, maybe 20 now. I find that the most "common" problems for first timer's have little to do with nudity and nothing to do with sex. After about 20 minutes, the average person forgets that they are nude. Provided there is a social activity going on. By accepting other people's bodies, with their irregularities, you wind up accepting your own body. This is a very healthy psycology and been the study of many groups. AANR and TNS both have information on their web sites. However, the most common problems that I have see over the years are just common everyday problems: (forgive me for my spelling and grammar)

#1 - Sunburn. We forget that we are now airing out our private places and that those private places now require sunscreen. A lot of sunscreen, actually. While the sun is good for you, in moderation, you will burn much faster in the "new to the sun" areas. A classic example is that every year at most resorts a guy shows up that normally wears just short pants outside, painter, carpenter, etc. So most of his body is tan. He then proceeds to attempt to tan the mid-section, all in one go. This normally produces what is commonly know as "Beacon Butt Syndrome". Refered to as "Beacon Butt", because the sunburn on his posterior is so bright, it appears to be a beacon when in a crowd of people and is even semi visible at dusk. It is normally laughed off, and someone always finds some pain reducing lotion, but sunburns can be a very bad thing.

#2 - Nude Ettiquite - The Stare. Without the experience, everyone is suceptable to having a few first timer problems. Most guys stare down women, right in the old eyeballs, when talking, for fear that they will accidentally look at the women's breasts and get caught looking. For women who have been nudists a while, some of them like to try to guess how long a guy has been a nudist by how much eye contact they get in a single conversation. Relax, there will be some normal glancing at each other, just be considerate, you don't have to stare her down like a cat, waiting for someone to blink. Just pretend she is clothed in her normal attire. Take a look, let it go, drive on.

#3 - Nude Ettiquite - The Mirrored Sunglasses - This is a more common problem at clothing-optional places, which, I feel that clothing-optional is tantamount to "inherent-problems" Never fails, some guy is sitting at the pool with a pair of swim trunks on, smiling, looking around with mirrored sunglasses on. Loose the sunglasses. If you are clothed at a clothing optional place, you are already making the ladies feel a little uncomfortable. The sunglasses are like a neon sign saying "I'm here clothed, looking at you, getting my jollies". My recommendation for the ladies is, don't go to CO places, go to nudist only, make them strip too, and tell any guy with mirrored shades to "please take them off". Most resorts frown on them and will say something.

Well, I think that covers a little of the problems. The big thing is skin care. I mean, after a few minutes, you forget, then you lean up against the black fender of the car, while in conversation and *sizzle*, it burns. Use common sense, do a lot of things just like you are clothed, just be aware of your skin. Remember, nudist is not spelled N-U-T-S!
Happy Nuding,
Jerry

This post was edited

That's a great find, Phil. I don't ever remember seeing that particular "Jerry Gem" before!

This post was edited

That's a great find, Phil. I don't ever remember seeing that particular "Jerry Gem" before!
Thanks Jen, just on of many "Jerry Gems" that he made during his time here,
wish he would come back from his rest.

I should have said, it came from:

"What are the most common problems for new nudists?"

Though as the name suggests, it's more of a list of problems, rather than answers.

I'll put it in now.

This post was edited

Hi Wife is a new nudist and if you would like to write to us Kritz2124@ YAHOO
............. ((((((((((((((( WARNING ))))))))))))))))

I would be EXCEEDINGLY sceptical of this profile!

and communicate ONLY though the site e-mail.

It looks very much like it's one of our friends harvesting addies.

This post was edited