RE: the nudist republic of TN

One other thing a viable nation-state needs is an economy. What will we all do on this island to make a living? We can't just sit around in the sun arguing about whether we're nudists or naturists.
How about the old standard of "huntin', fishn' and shootin'"?Count me out, I'm a vegetarian.
We also need farmers. Some will have livestock, others won't. You could be a famer.

This post was edited
The motto

Any self-respecting country needs a motto. E pluribus unum (Out of many, one) is the of the U.S. In Canada, it's A mari usque ad mare (from sea to sea). For New Brunswick it's Spem reduxit (Hope restored).

Ours would have to have a nude theme. How about "No clothes, no masters"?

This post was edited
I just realised!

Just a thought For a country to be recognized it has to have the following 5 conditions: 1.Territory: ( take about 300.000 nudist world wide to contribute 100$ each and you can buy a nice island ) 2.Population: EAZY. 3.Government: I recommend a monarchy , you can choose your own king and queen as long as I get to be the Jester. 4.Independence, easy since we buy the territory to begin with. 5.Recognition by at least one known state: easy , ask the Dutch , theyll say yes to anything . How about that?

Actually, BMan, if this is truly to be a republic, no monarchy is possible because a republic is, by definition, not run by any monarchy of any kind. So this can't be a TN Republic if we have a monarchy. Therefore, I withdraw my candidacy for the position. However, I am still free some nights forconcerts.

This post was edited
RE: I just realised!

OGM
We havent declared Independence yet already discussing politics
Go figure

This post was edited

carefull what you wish for. no expedition treaties can lead to this utopia turning into australia or georgia (not making fun of either, think historical point)
btw i can be director of homeland security

This post was edited

Ill put my Money on BORA BORA. If they sold Louisiana for 300.000.000 $ ( todays worth ) i cant put a really good bet that Bora Bora is for sale
Some would say we paid too much for Louisiana LOL

This post was edited

Ill put my Money on BORA BORA. If they sold Louisiana for 300.000.000 $ ( todays worth ) i cant put a really good bet that Bora Bora is for sale
Some would say we paid too much for Louisiana LOL[

The price has gone up since New Orleans made it to the Super Bowl.

This post was edited

Just a thought For a country to be recognized it has to have the following 5 conditions: 1.Territory: ( take about 300.000 nudist world wide to contribute 100$ each and you can buy a nice island ) 2.Population: EAZY. 3.Government: I recommend a monarchy , you can choose your own king and queen as long as I get to be the Jester. 4.Independence, easy since we buy the territory to begin with. 5.Recognition by at least one known state: easy , ask the Dutch , theyll say yes to anything . How about that?

Actually, BMan, if this is truly to be a republic, no monarchy is possible because a republic is, by definition, not run by any monarchy of any kind. So this can't be a TN Republic if we have a monarchy. Therefore, I withdraw my candidacy for the position. However, I am still free some nights forconcerts.

What if the Emperor / King were simply figureheads with no power? A monarchist republic? Oh, and a symbol for the national airline? It must be something to do with leaving clothes behind.

Actually, "monarchist republic" would be a contradiction in terms. On the other hand, we could do like Great Britain, Canada and similar countries which have a constitutional monarchy. Absolute power may theoretically rest in the hands of the monarch, but he or she would rather not get involved. This means true power is actually exercised by an elected government. All the monarch would have to do is open a parliamentary session, prorogue it, give royal sanction to any laws that are passed, and smile for the cameras. At the most, if a minority government tried to call a snap election without the new parliament meeting first, the monarch would say no, because any newly elected parliament would at least have to meet to see if it can conduct business despite the minority status of the party with the most seats.

Just to be sure, let's also have proportional representation. This way, the number of seats for each party will follow more closely the actual votes per party. Here in New Brunswick, a government once took each and every single seat despite the fact the popular vote showed a much narrower gap between the two parties.

This post was edited

Hmmm
And all I wanted is a place where I can go nude to the bank.
Ha.
Never mind too complicated putting my pens on now

This post was edited

One other thing a viable nation-state needs is an economy. What will we all do on this island to make a living? We can't just sit around in the sun arguing about whether we're nudists or naturists.
I'm looking for a way to make a living on line,
Naked 24/7 ....... on the Beach with just a lap top,

Now that HAS to be paradise!

This post was edited