RE: How to start?

Check out C-O Home Network (ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com) which sponsors clothing optional B&Bs around the country, such as California, Arizona, Florida, the Carribean and Mexico, perhaps beyond. It'll give you the chance to explore nudity, even social nudity, on a small scale as you try to determine whether or not you want to join others in the nudist way of life.
But, as stated by others, begin at home. You'll find in time you'll become so comfortable being clothes free you'll hate having to put on clothes when leaving the house, etc. and may seek opportunities to be nude elsewhere, such as while driving, at secluded locations, etc.
Jim Shedd

This post was edited

Most resorts do not mind if people start slow their first visit. Start in the pool where you don't feel so exposed. Or a secluded spot on a towel at a county park. Just walk around and make sure you are alone first.

This post was edited

The first time I tried the nudist lifestyle,I took a day off work and drove the 2 and half hours to the nudist resort closest to my home.I did not know if I would have the courage to strip naked once I got there.Upon arriving I parked the car and went to the office to pay the day fee.Upon returning to the car I took my clothes off,collected my towel and the other things I would need and headed for the pool.Upon feeling the warm sun and the breeze on my nude body,I was hooked.I have since introduced my wife of 5 years to the freedom of nude recreation.
You are going to have to pick a nudist resort and go visit in order to find out if you will take your clothes off and actually feel comfortable around other nude people.Good Luck.

This post was edited

The first time I tried the nudist lifestyle,I took a day off work and drove the 2 and half hours to the nudist resort closest to my home.I did not know if I would have the courage to strip naked once I got there.Upon arriving I parked the car and went to the office to pay the day fee.Upon returning to the car I took my clothes off,collected my towel and the other things I would need and headed for the pool.Upon feeling the warm sun and the breeze on my nude body,I was hooked.I have since introduced my wife of 5 years to the freedom of nude recreation.You are going to have to pick a nudist resort and go visit in order to find out if you will take your clothes off and actually feel comfortable around other nude people.Good Luck.For our first time we booked a trip to St. Martin and stayed at Club Orient. I don't know what we would have done if we decided we didn't like it, but I think we only did 3 or 4 nights just in case. It turns out we could have stayed 3 or 4 weeks and had a great time! Hopefully the OP has at least tried Laguna Del Sol by now. One of the nicest resorts in the US is right in their backyard.

This post was edited

When we began we picked the "off season" for Texas beaches. It happens to coincide with our anniversary. We went to the unofficial nude beach at South Padre Island. We go after the schools are back in session and before the winter Texans arrive. I (he) got nude immediately. We began fishing hanging out a few hundred yards from an older couple who were also nude. An accident with a salt water cat fish caused to go up to them (clothed). The man stayed nude while the wife covered up. We began talking and soon were fishing closer and closer to each other each day. They invited us over and when his wife began being nude around us I said "what the heck" and shed my long shirt. The next year we had them take the picture of us walking into the surf and that was the first time my wife got nude around others. We are very good friends with the couple now and they have stayed at our house. We will be seeing them soon as the season is upon us. Basically, go at YOUR own pace and picking a slow time of year at a public venue is what helped us. Good luck. Welcome to the lifestyle. ENJOY!

This post was edited