What Beer To Brew?

My home brew supply has been depleted. I need something to brew. Any suggestions?

This topic was edited
RE: What Beer To Brew?

What do your tastes run towards? I brewed a colonial style brown ale awhile ago that I wasn't sure I'd like, but it turned out great. Something not usually encountered.Being the cold time of year, maybe a Lager would work if you can control fermentation temps.There a lot of recipes on homebrewtalk. Watch what you pick up on though....some are from first time brewers who just want to see their recipe on line. "Yooper" has some tried-and-true selections.

This post was edited

What do your tastes run towards? I brewed a colonial style brown ale awhile ago that I wasn't sure I'd like, but it turned out great. Something not usually encountered.Being the cold time of year, maybe a Lager would work if you can control fermentation temps.There a lot of recipes on homebrewtalk. Watch what you pick up on though....some are from first time brewers who just want to see their recipe on line. "Yooper" has some tried-and-true selections.Thanks for the website. I will take a look and see what sounds good.

This post was edited

So I ended up going with a Kolsch. It is not an exciting, eat your face off big beer, but I wanted something pleasant and easy to drink. I considered a Holiday Ale which would have had an ABV of around 8% but am content with the much lower (4.5% alcohol by volume) Kolsch. Cheers!

This post was edited

Sounds good! Let me know how it turns out.

This post was edited