What happened to the cropping thread?

Lots of people put lots of effort into the thread and suddenly it is gone.
Anyone know why or how?

Pamela

This topic was edited
RE: What happened to the cropping thread?

Strange that CTNude has leftWe were friends and this is not normal. Has TN admin been offended?

This post was edited

Strange that CTNude has leftWe were friends and this is not normal. Has TN admin been offended?I hesitate to say it, but I have no real evidence that TN admins interfere with discussion threads in groups. In Free Style Nudity we had unauthorised interference with threads which was easy to trace to a member of the TN Nudist Gun-toting lobby. Once reported the meddling stopped. The mods do routinely delete group photos and their decisions are just as capricious as they are for profile photos, but I am not aware of reposted photos being deleted within threads, let alone whole threads disappearing. As a group admin myself I know that only the creator of a thread can delete it - the group owner can only delete threads he has created himself.
The TN search facility is not particularly reliable but I can't find CTNude listed there any more. Maybe he really has pulled up all the stakes around his encampment and disappeared into the ether!
Anyone feel like restarting the Cropping Thread? No point trying to reconstruct it because we have all learned from it, but the theme could be continued.
Pamela

This post was edited

There was another thread started by CTnude that also disappeared so I am thinking they all collapsed when he packed his tent or was somehow sent packing (whatever the case may be).We clearly have some talented and thoughtful photographers contributing to the thread.So let's just thank CTnude for starting a great topic and move ahead!

This post was edited

When you leave TN, whether it's a choice you've made on your own or if you get booted, every trace, every footprint that you were ever hear at all instantly evaporates with you, with no notice to anyone you knew hear and leaving behind nothing at all. Honestly, it's kind of scary.
I've been chatting or messaging with someone one day, the next day, literally all messages I ever had from them are gone. Their name is gone, without a trace, from my friends list and posts they have made that made me reach out to them in the first place, not to be found. Any comments they made on the page, or in blogs, or in groups... it's just suddenly not there.
You'd think something you wrote about - like in the cropping thread - would still be there for others to find and share in.
George Orwell wrote about people having to go back and cut things out of hard copies of newspapers to make people "disappear" from history. He had no idea how much easier it could be to do that in a digital age.
I love this place for the good it does and the people I can connect with -- but a simple "Such-and-Such is no longer a member, would you like to keep/delete your prior messages with them?" would be nice! Often they had sent me good information about places to go, or contact information, which instantly vanishes as well.
It's very strange and slightly creepy.
Moral here - if you read anything from anyone you want to keep, or they send you information like their e-mail or something so you can contact them outside of TN -- keep a copy elsewhere, but cause it can, and does, vanish without warning.

This post was edited

I am also going to make a new thread out of this post but wanted to put it here as well to conclude the discussion.
I exchanged an e-mail with CTNude and he said someone brought to his attention that some of the photos he posted here were now on various Tumblr sites.
Here is an direct excerpt from his letter:
"A TN member on my friend list was kind enough to let me know that one of
my photos was posted on a tumblr site. He gave me the address. It
turned out to be three photos made into a collage, and it had spread to a
total of 95 different tumblr sites. I immediately closed down my TN
account and have been frantically trying to contact the owners of the
sites to get the photo taken down. Some have complied, most haven't, and
others don't even have a way to contact them. Tumblr said that they
would work on it, but I haven't heard from them in three days."

I cannot speak to the other issues discussed above, but he is not the first person to tell me they have had photos they posted here show up on Tumblr.
At least as expressed to me, CTNude felt he had to withdraw and told me it
was okay to share his experience with everyone here. In fact, he encouraged me,
and others, to not post things on the site if we were in any way concerned about privacy.
For what it's worth, I have always felt that anything posted online any place (including here) is the genie out of the bottle. It all has the potential to end up "out there," and I accept that is the risk. Because of that I don't share as many photos on the site as I would like too. Instead, I share them only privately via e-mail but even then, honestly, I accept they are still "out of the bottle." It's sad, really, because I would like to be more open. I am not ashamed of my nude photos or of being a nudist, but I live and work in a world where there are bosses and clients, companies and individuals who are not very tolerant. They see what an employee or associate privately does as a reflection of their image, and that directly affects my economic well being.
I wanted to share this with everyone.

This post was edited
Testing a New Image URL

Testing

First Time Posing Nude for Fellow Club Members - I love how full my bottom looks in this one!
Pamela

This post was edited
RE: Testing a New Image URL

Wonderful image Pamela. I like the curves that define your profile and the use of black and white was a nice choice, IMHO.

This post was edited
RE: Testing a New Image URL

Red_Wolf made an excellent entry which reflects on the openness of the internet. One has to assume what is posted here or anywhere else is suddenly public domain. NOTHING can really stop that. For years I have connected with other nudists, particularly in Europe, who seem to have no problems with posting images. In the end it is because they have no overriding fear that their lifestyle will be cause for consequences. Sadly it is not the same in the States. I have sometimes been told that my images "came from the internet". Well they have because I have been sharing certain ones for many years. They do show up now and again, and I would never be able to tell which "trusted" friend had shared them with the wrong person or in the wrong place. You just have to accept this as a consequence. I am truly sorry to see anyone leave this site out of fear, but at the same time I am very understanding. Best wishes for CTNude.

This post was edited
Removing Group Photos

i didn't know we could remove pix in group galleries even if we were the mod. i co-mod a couple groups too and will have to explore that. cgThe group "owner" (the main moderator) and co-moderators can remove group pics, but it is best to remember that those same people will themselves have authorised them in the first place. One essential for a good group is to ensure reasonable consistency, so deleting photos without real cause could make members lose trust in the moderators. To me it does seem unreasonable that individual group members cannot remove their own photos from the group pool, which means they have to ask the moderator if they want photos removed. Moderators should take that duty seriously because it could be a matter of some importance to the member.

Pamela

This post was edited

There are two things that can remove an entire discussion thread. The person who started it can delete the entire thread. And (as you have said) if that person goes everything they started goes with them. Fortunately this does not apply to a group. If the originator of a group goes the group stays. Hopefully someone else is left to administer the group.

This post was edited