Must be Kidding

I was in chat earlier and a new lady joined in the talk. She became overwhelmed with PM's and asked on screen for everyone to please stop so she could chat. Many still insisted on sending PM's so she asked again for it to stop. I told her about the flagging option for those who continued to ask her why she wouldnt PM with them, and the room cleared out like a frat party during a campus raid. One decided to stay and proceed to argue about being in the right when it came to PM's. He also claimed that if someone didnt want to PM that they should leave the site.
For all you ladies out there who experience this, you do not have to PM if you dont want to. Do not be bullied out of the chat room by someone with no understanding of respect for others. If you are harassed, flag them. If you are confronted with sexual messages, flag them. They can go somewhere else for all that. You ladies stand up for yourselves in there. You have the right to chat without defending yourself for no reason.

This topic was edited
RE: Must be Kidding

Did she or anyone flag the one member that persisted?

Steve

This post was edited

Yes. She flagged the one that called her names for not wanting to PM. I flagged him also for being a ... well for being rude and offensive.

This post was edited

She should also know that she can disable PM. Go to: options (located in upper right of chat window) uncheck "accept private messages".

The first private message she gets after doing this a box will pop up asking he rto accept or decline. Before she declines she should check the box that says "Do not show me this message again".

If someone then harasses her in the chat room about not accepting pm's she should flag that person AND block their profile. This was she doesn't have to read the crap they're typing anymore.

Hope this helps!

Jen

This post was edited

Thanks Jen. I told some of the new people to hit the forum and get a feel for the site. Hopefully today in chat wont run off some future certifides.

This post was edited

Amen! It is a shame that some guys just don't understand the word "NO"

This post was edited

Rant all you want Sweetness. You have that right just like you have to right to say NO to guys like that or anyone else that you choose, including me.

This post was edited

yea i must say it was sadto see again, after i stand up for the new lady , the guy had a go at me too, i think he was truly in the wrong and must be flaged and named , it is so sad to see the ladys are to sceard to chat on here because off stupid guys , i luv pm , but if i dont get a response off the person i leave it , this bloody guys scear all the ladys away.There must be somthing more we can do than only flag and block !!!!!!!

This post was edited

I noticed him going after you too mrnature. He was after anyone who was telling him to calm down.

This post was edited

yea he was not very nice , and he is still in there , just feel sorry for the next person !!!!!

This post was edited

I haven't been in the chat for a while. Sorry to hear these things are still going on. Don't allow these few undesireables to run you off, the majority of the people here are really great.....

Steve

This post was edited