RE: Aircraft flying overhead

It's never an issue for us. If they're flying low we wave. I agree with Andy. If they can see detail from much distance they have good optics. Google earth though...lol. I check every year to see if we're on there but that's just because of where we live. We constantly have to show friends how to get here and use their aerials to show the layout of the farm or where to turn. But, thinking about it our livestock are small specks on the best zoom they use so it's not a problem.

This post was edited

As a pilot, I can say that you have nothing to worry about. It's hard to see "details" at any altitude. As you were.... that is all.

This post was edited

Maybe you pilots can elaborate on the subject of drones. I was up at camp working on a project with the owner. She mentioned she was filing papers with some official entity which escapes me just now for a no fly zone over the club. Are they developing rules and regs for drones now? Drones never crossed my mind buzzing camp.

This post was edited

There's a nude beach in Sydney that commercial jets fly over on their way in and out of the airport.

This post was edited

I don't worry at all about planes and helicopters flying over when I am nude. I would be suspicious of drones however if they were flying low or hovering. I wold consider that an invasion of privacy whether I was nude or dressed.

This post was edited
RE: What a silly post

Couldn't agree more!! excessive paranoia! LOL

This post was edited

Just ignore them. They probably like the view.

This post was edited

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it!

This post was edited

Since aircraft have to be doing around 100mph just to keep from turning into rocks, I propose an experiment for anyone concerned about pilots seeing them. On a nice quiet country road with little traffic, place a nice 8X10 photo of your choice weighted down with rocks or something to keep in in one place. Go to somewhere you can turn around and approach the picture at 55 mph. As you go by the picture look down and see how much detail you can make out. Guarantee if you even get a glance of the picture your doing good, oh and by the way Stop looking down at the pavement and look up your about to run into the ditch!

This post was edited

I don't worry at all about planes and helicopters flying over when I am nude. I would be suspicious of drones however if they were flying low or hovering. I wold consider that an invasion of privacy whether I was nude or dressed.We live less than 3 miles from a small light aircraft airfield used for training purposes. Quite often we will see planes take off, do a few loops then return to land. Many just do it to keep their logged hours up.
Even Mar doesn't give them a second thought.
However, I must agree with other's comments on here about drones. There are a number of growing concerns in the UK about these devices. While there is no doubt they are wonderful machines and in my hobby of steam train preservation, they make excellent videoing platforms, there are a number of serious issues.
Firstly, although there is restrictions and regulations on their use, 99% of "pilots" do not register, do not know about let alone follow the regulations, and get no formal training. This is the direct risk.
Secondly, there has been proof of thieves using these devices to "case" a location before carrying out a theft.
As others have said, I'm not really bothered about being seen naked. My biggest concern is not upsetting my very good neighbours. However, I do think that if they flew a drone over our garden, they should be prepared for whatever they see :-)

This post was edited