RE: Aircraft flying overhead

airplanes .. no problem... Google Earth... they got my pix on the back deck. I was just starting to sit up when the pix was taken... lol.

This post was edited

What differance does it make. A true nudist does not care if someone sees you naked

This post was edited

The question has validity. We are in the flight path of a small airport too, close enough that they are at less then 500ft since they're coming in for landing or looping the airport landing and taking off again.
The concern I have is about legality. You're generally OK if you're in your yard and have a fence so you can't be seen. If someone climbs the fence to see, you're still OK. You have a reasonable expectation that you will not be seen. That's not the case if your neighbor has a second story window that looks over your yard. That can change the legality question.
So, if you have low flying planes over your yard, do you have a reasonable expectation that you will not be seen? Would you be legally liable then? I believe the answer would come from a lawyer and the answer would differ based on where you live.
If it's a question about whether I care, if I'm OK legally to be there nude and have chosen to be out there, then I don't care.

This post was edited

The question has validity. We are in the flight path of a small airport too, close enough that they are at less then 500ft since they're coming in for landing or looping the airport landing and taking off again.The concern I have is about legality. You're generally OK if you're in your yard and have a fence so you can't be seen. If someone climbs the fence to see, you're still OK. You have a reasonable expectation that you will not be seen. That's not the case if your neighbor has a second story window that looks over your yard. That can change the legality question.So, if you have low flying planes over your yard, do you have a reasonable expectation that you will not be seen? Would you be legally liable then? I believe the answer would come from a lawyer and the answer would differ based on where you live.If it's a question about whether I care, if I'm OK legally to be there nude and have chosen to be out there, then I don't care.Several things about this. First if the plane are taking off or on approach, they are paying attention to what they are doing not what is on the ground. Also, if you have been in a small plane you really can't see straight down only out at a distance unless you are working hard to see down and are a passenger. Thus the distance is greater. Plus they are flying at some speed so their view is going to be for a short period. Also, think of it this way, when you are driving do you see all the details of people on the street or just note that people are there (missing most of them unless they potentially affect your driving). If you do see someone that is doing something strange do you really do much more than say 'that's weird' and then go on with what you were doing?

This post was edited

The parallel with driving is a well made point.If an unexpected fast car comes along when I am putting the rubbish out naked I can stand just inside the gate posts and nobody sees me or if there is a passenger they only get a very short glimpse - not enough to be absolutely certain.
This picture give you an idea of the situation -https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2804/4519055278_ca5011c23a_b.jpg

This post was edited

How does everyone deal with General Aviation aircraft flyingover when naked in the backyard?I try not to disturb them, they're usually only on their normal migration route.

This post was edited

How does everyone deal with General Aviation aircraft flyingover when naked in the backyard?Unfortunately, I can't go nude in my backyard today (some day I hope I can). No matter, I wouldn't care - it would just be me living life "naturally!"

This post was edited

How does everyone deal with General Aviation aircraftflying over when naked in the backyard?
I try not to disturb them, they're usually only on their normal
migration route.
I like the suggestion that we just wave at the passing plane. They
must see all sorts of things from the air, why single out the odd
nude sun bather? If anyone can be bothered to go out of their way to see me naked they are welcome. Forget the legalities. Next we'll be getting concerned about Google-earth
and the high-tech spy satellites.

This post was edited

You are right about the hang gliders flying down off the mountain over Tiger Mountain Nudist Club (Fraternity Snoqualmie). One day we were there, all in the hot tub and saw one hang glider directly overhead and then it happened........he lost his wind. Down he came in a circle, lower and lower, and all the way down we could hear him yelling, "Oh no! Oh no!". The last circle he came over about 10' over our heads, just missed the pool house roof, and landed in the middle of the lawn area. I think the thing that scared him the most wasn't the crash.....I think it was him laying on his back among his glider parts, and looking up at this giant circle of all thesenaked people looking down at him, asking if he was ok. I swear he grabbed everything and was gone from sight in 3 minutes.....LOL

This post was edited