SCOUS Ruling.

The Supreme Court of the United States has just ruled that same sex marriage is a Constitutional right. I don't want to discuss this matter any further, either pro or con, because in this case the Court has the last word. The question that I would like to ask is; does this have any relevance for nudists and nudism? I would certainly like to see the right to be nude as a Constitutional right. I believe that it is, but it has never beenofficiallyruled as such. Your thoughts please.

This topic was edited
RE: SCOUS Ruling.

The Supreme Court of the United States has just ruled that same sex marriage is a Constitutional right. I don't want to discuss this matter any further, either pro or con, because in this case the Court has the last word. The question that I would like to ask is; does this have any relevance for nudists and nudism? I would certainly like to see the right to be nude as a Constitutional right. I believe that it is, but it has never beenofficiallyruled as such. Your thoughts please.The question that I would like to ask is; does this have any relevance for nudists and nudism?
No!

This post was edited

I don't believe it does.
Now, whose willing to get in trouble for being nude then chase it all the way to the Supreme Court (as if they would take the case)?

This post was edited

Any relevance would surely be for nudists of the same sex?

This post was edited

The only possible relevance to the nudist / naturist community would be whether or not establishments with rules regarding the marital status of patrons would apply EQUALLY to same gender (male or female) patrons.

Other than that, there ARE gay and bisexual nudists. LesBiGay "nudists" are no different than heterosexual nudists.

This post was edited

eh. on one hand i have no problem with gay marriage being legal. on the other hand, i would've liked there to be a referendum rather than having unelected judges decide. it would'nt have been such a close victory had that happened, cause as many as 60% of america or more supports gay marriage.

This post was edited

I agree that judges should not have decided this case. The Constitution, which the Supreme Court is to interpret, leaves it to the individual States to decide matters that are not specifically spelled out in the document. Several states were already moving in that direction and I believe that eventually all states would have adopted it. Then it would have truly been by the will of the people.

This post was edited