chat room

hi everyone my name is tim1954 i am new to this sitebut myself and my girl freind robin have been nudist for 4 years nowand i am enjoyingthe site only proublem i have is when i go to the chat room a lot of time i just sit and read what is being said only because i dont read or type real fast and its hard for me to jump in on coversations with folks i dont know so i read awhile then leave i dont want anybody think i am weird that will come soon enough anyhow lol we are both aanr members and belong to a c o camp close to home we even go up in the winter to do work to better it with a small group of members to make it better for everyone that goes there so anyhow would love to chat its just easyer for me if some one started to talk to me than me to jump in just wanted you all to know and didnt know how else to say it thank you ya all have a great site tim

This topic was edited
RE: chat room

You're not alone Tim, being OLD and a GUY, I just find it difficult to do two things at once!
While I'm busy writing a reply, the conversation has moved on and my answer is out of date before I have time to hit send, ......that's IF ..........my computer hasn't crashed in the meantime :(
And yes, If you don't participate enough, you get the feeling that everyone thinks you're a perv, especially if you don't have a cam.

Perhaps we could all SLOW type to-gether in Caps or greenink :)

This post was edited

I know exactly how you feel, mate. When I first started going to chatrooms/forums and the like, I found it can be very intimidating. Not only are people typing 100 wpm and it's hard to keep up, I found that people kind of formed little cliques. However, I have found that none of that matters (even keeping up with the convo) and that it's best just to jump in with both feet. So what if your comments are a bit behind the rest? Chances are someone will catch what you are saying and reply to it, even if it does get a bit confusing. lol...Hell, most of the times I've been in the chatroom half the room is behind in the convo anyways. ;) So don't be shy and say what's on your mind, as people probably aren't going to start saying anything to you otherwise. Hehe...It's been my experience here that for a bunch of people who aren't shy about nudity, they sure are shy about saying something to someone. lol...Go figure.

Anyways, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your time here. Great people and great place to hang out. :)

This post was edited

sounds good thank you for your in put i will keep trying its just going to take awhile for me ussally in person i have somewhat of a big mouth on here i dont want to p anybody off thanks agin tim

This post was edited

sounds good thank you for your in put i will keep trying its just going to take awhile for me ussally in person i have somewhat of a big mouth on here i dont want to p anybody off thanks agin tim

lol...that's the kicker, eh Tim? Because there's no sense of tone online, it's so very easy for people to take things the wrong way. I've seen so many arguments start because of that. hehe...wish there were more people online who are like you, think before they speak.

This post was edited

Damn!!!!!!! .......but thanks for that Swifty, ...........Oh well, ....... that counts me out! .....I'm still learning to type with two fingers, haven't even thought about trying to do it with me feet yet! :(

and as for arguments, I have enough trouble in the forum, without going to look for it in the chat room, and like I said before, last time I was there, it took me three days to find the Exit Door!

This post was edited

I went and checked out the chat room and I don't under stand why people have to aim there web cams at there dicks and not there faces. Also why do people have to sit there and play with there dicks just to get them hard for the camera,you call these people naturists
That is not the norm in the chat, and in fact is against the rules. I have been in the chat and had had someone called out for doing that. The ones that did not adjust their cams properly got flagged and banned. The admin can't be there all the time, so it is our responsibility to help keep this a great site. If someone can't follow the rules, flag them.

This post was edited

It has been mentioned that some lurkers just stare ant you and never speak. What I do when I see that somebody has been viewing my cam for an extended period is say "Hi" to them. That should alert them to that they have been noticed.
Also earlier in this thread, it has been mentioned that the topic of conversation changes before you can push send button. I identify with you, especially because I am NOT a touch typist. I figure that there probably are several conversations going on (bits of the topics interspersed among the responses). So I don't worry about my response being outdated.

This post was edited
RE: Chatroom Dummies Guide.

That is a good idea Phil. will sit down and write one out when I get back from nude beach tonight.
Thomas

This post was edited

That is a good idea Phil. will sit down and write one out when I get back from nude beach tonight. Thomas
Thanks Tom :)

This post was edited

I have posted this in computer group but will aslo include it here.
These are the rules you agree to before you go in to chat room.
Chat Room Rules and Regulations
1. No Sexual Discussion, or Sexual Activities on Chat
2. No Crotch Shots. Faces on cam please.
3. If you do not want to be seen on your cam. Do not use it. Your cam is
visible to all users.
4. Please talk nice. No trolling.
5. Flag users who do not follow the rules.
6. Have Fun!

If you want to use your cam in chat, under your picture there are buttons marked A and V. The A is for audio and allows you to use your mike if you have on. The V is for your video. If the cam does not come up, you may have to click settings which is under these buttons and select your camera. If you use a Mac instead of a PC, I think you will need to select firewire under settings. You will have to have the needed drivers and software for your camera loaded before you try it.

The way to tell who has cam or audio on is by looking for the green A or V next to their name in list of who is in room. Once you turn your audio or video on, you can tell who is viewing or listening by looking for a blue A or V next to their name in the me column. To view a person's cam or listen to their audio, click on their name in list of who is in room. There is aso a button to view their profile or block that person. If you want to view or listen to more than one person, click the dock button next to their pic under the room list. Then you can click on the other person you wish to view. The block button will prevent that person from viewing your cam and you won't see what they type in room.

There is no private chat as such, but once you are certified you can send a message to just one person by sending " your message " I had to enclose in quotes to make message apear correctly. Do not use the quotes in chat room or everyone will see what you sent.

The chat is for normal discussion, sexual activity is not allowed. If someone comes in and is acting inappropriatly on cam, flag the person. To flad, go to their profile and click the flag button. You will then be asked for reason for the flag. There is also a report abuse button on the chat page that I heard will record what the person says and does on cam. I have not had reson to flag anyone since the button was added so cannot give details of what happens when you do.

Many people find it hard to keep up with the chat when everyone is typing in the default black. Just to the left of where you type your messages is a style button. It allows you to make your type bold, underlined, or change color. If you want to add a smiley to something you said, the button for them is to right of space you type. Whatever you type in room will have your name in green instead of black next to it to make it easier to see what you typed if someone else is using same color as you.

Thomas

This post was edited