Male *vs* Female Toplessness/Being Shirtless

I'm going to post thisquestion both the Men's Room as well as the Women's Room to get both perspectives. I welcome your friend requests, too.
Why, at least in America, is it so socially acceptable for men go shirtless, and it's so unacceptable for women to do so?
I think it's utterly stupid and defies logical explanation, but what do you think?

Jim ShortsTexas Naturists Group (here and on Facebook)

This topic was edited
RE: Male *vs* Female Toplessness/Being Shirtless

It may be stupid and defies logic but ...
...even here on a nudist/naturist site, you have men discussing women's breasts; natural vs augmented and in most posts guys are then going on about what they like, what they prefer ... if "nudist" guys are still get worked up about the female breast, how can you expect the narrow minded, clothed society to act differently.
It doesn't stop there, and I don't want to hijack your thread but shaving pubic hair seems to get lots of attention on nudist sites so ... until nudist guys get over some of this stuff, you'll never change the narrow minded clothed society. ;-)

... and again; apologies ladies for posting in the females only section. :-)

This post was edited

It's because developed breasts, for some reason, are seen as sexual. Logic tells us they have nothing to do with sex and rightly so, they don't!
However in our culture they (along with the rest of the female form) are grossly over-sexualised. Of course, this is also combined with the double standard of sexual promiscuity and the silliness that is many people's ideas of "modesty" and viola! We have an aspect of the feminine physique that is anatomically identical to the masculine that is shunned as "lewd" and "inappropriate".

This post was edited

Knockers are sexual. We like them because they can feed babies. Just like we like curvy hips, better for shooting out babies.I'm not sure how to react to that statement. To me, no they are not, even when I see a naked woman at a resort or a beach that is what the media teaches is beautiful, it is not sexual. Being intimate with my wife is sexual. I do not have a sexual interest in others. Nude does not equal Sex.

This post was edited

It's because developed breasts, for some reason, are seen as sexual. Logic tells us they have nothing to do with sex and rightly so, they don't!However in our culture they (along with the rest of the female form) are grossly over-sexualised. Of course, this is also combined with the double standard of sexual promiscuity and the silliness that is many people's ideas of "modesty" and viola! We have an aspect of the feminine physique that is anatomically identical to the masculine that is shunned as "lewd" and "inappropriate".I totally disagree that female breasts, "Have nothing to do with sex." In fact, I think that women were given them to be more attractive to men, but they have been over sexualized, for sure.

This post was edited