What type of wine glass to you prefer?

There are almost 2 dozen, maybe more, types of wine glasses. Do you have a preference when you drink your wine?
We've been wine tasting and had wine bartenders apologize for serving us red wine in a white wine glass. I wasn't paying much attention to the type of glass ... paying more attention to the wine, actually. At home, we have several different types but as far as I can tell, the bulk of our wine glasses are just your typical wine glass.
Do you prefer a certain type?
Do you prefer stem wine glasses or stemless?

This topic was edited
RE: What type of wine glass to you prefer?

Stemmed wine glasses from Ikea lol. About $1.50 apiece IIRC. Don't care if we break them. Just restock next time there.

This post was edited

Many of our wine glasses are from the local wineries. They all have the winery logo and you get to keep the glass when you wine taste. We've also bought some really nice wine glasses from Pier 1. We have wine glasses for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Christmas wine glasses are almost too nice to use! LOL
We've also purchased several pool deck friendly wine glasses out of acrylic. They look like glass but are durable and non breakable. Seems we tend to use stemless more often than I thought. I thing because they are right in front of the stem glasses and we reach for and get the closes ones to us. :D
Drinking wine out of a metal cup ... hell, I'm not one to judge. I've drank wine out of a red solo cup! :D

This post was edited

Nice ... it's only 10 am and I'm now craving a glass of wine and for my wife to get home from the dentist! LOL
Thanks for contributing! :D

This post was edited

BIG! One that is large enough to hold the quantity I want!

After doing an exhaustive and fairly thorough in-person research of wineries in California, Texas, France, Chile and South Africa I am not certain what to believe regarding stems vs. non-stemmed glasses. Seems the "purists" say you must have a certain length of stem. Longer for white and cooler reds. While others say that since a good dry red is better served at room temps, no stem is perfectly fine for the heat from ones hand to be transmitted through the glass and into the wine. Maybe I am a guzzler or a fast drinker, but I have never had a problem with the heat from my hand. One positive note about the non-stem wine glasses. They don't tip over as easily! Well, I guess I will continue my wine research...

This post was edited

Just posted a picture of my favorite wine glasses ... take a look! ;-)

This post was edited

Just posted a picture of my favorite wine glasses ... take a look! ;-)The red must breathe... but for white wine..OK

This post was edited

Andy...this one is too easy! One that holds enough so I don't make too many trips back to the kitchen!!! I will drink no wine before it is opened ;).

This post was edited

Maybe it was the wine talking!hahahahahaYes, Andy, the magic of wine haha

This post was edited

We prefer stemmed wine glasses and have several sets of red and white. We have large ones which we use after one of those bad days, so we can say we only had one glass. Lol

This post was edited

Maybe it was the wine talking!hahahahahaYes, Andy, the magic of wine hahaWell ... I'd agree but she went with us aseveral times after that and I didn't take any wine a few of the times and she still had a great time! :D

This post was edited