I know, it's just a rant

I cant remember exactly when I joined True Nudists. The older I get, the more time seems to fly. But when I joined I had been expecting a sort of safe haven for discussing naturism and issues related to it. The discussions could sometimes get heated, perhaps, but never spiteful. Along the way wed agree on some things, disagree on others, but could enjoy a virtual cup of tea in friendship at the end of the day.

Since then, there have been trolls, some of whom have been particularly persistent, and people with exhibitionistic tendencies ( i.e., masturbation in the chat room). It seems theres always another Flag of the Week target, someone who refuses to follow the rules after having been called upon politely to follow them.

Some people have said that if we dont like what we see, we can always turn it off. Thats true, and if this was anything other than a nudist site, I would buy that argument. But this IS a nudist site, or at least it seriously tries to be. Just when we manage to get rid of one person with questionable motives, someone else is waiting in the background to take their place. It does get discouraging. Meanwhile, the site is public enough that people use it as a source of information on nudism. Maintaining high standards is a must.

I dont want the bad guys to win. But I must admit to some degree of disillusionment. At one time posting to Forum was a joy as it allowed us to share ideas on all sorts of topics. Lately, though, its like we keep rehashing the erection topic and how wonderful or crappy (depending on the week) the chat room can be. We have whole threads that deal with nothing but who to flag next. I mean, by all means flag where it must be done, but have we nothing to say that could be interesting or important other than in the context of Thats a no-no?

Maybe Im just having a bad day

This topic was edited
RE: I know, it's just a rant

Gerry, it is easy for us olf folks to find out when we joined, just look under your pic on your post. LOL I have been here a year and a half and really enjoy it here. I admit thet there are times when somene comes in and starts trouble. It is not surprising considering that this site has grown from 700 members when I joined to over 30,000. There are so many ways to exchange information, between regular forum, groups, and chat.

This post was edited

I think of it as the sun attracts sunbathers, the brighter the light, the higher the visibility. Google search engines do pick up thread from this website to post into those who have a daily search on nudism or naturism come into their mailboxes.

This post was edited

I think of it as the sun attracts sunbathers, the brighter the light, the higher the visibility. Google search engines do pick up thread from this website to post into those who have a daily search on nudism or naturism come into their mailboxes.

Because google picks up these threads, it behooves us to watch what we post in the forum. Unfortunately Google also picks up the troll entries.

This post was edited