RE:Is it easier to be open about nudism as we get older?

I'm not quite sure about my answer on this one...I'm quite comfortable roaming about the house, parts of the yard and the periodic resorts nude but know it would quite difficult if my co-workers knew. I'm still a few years from retirement but getting there one day at the time. I figure someday I won't have to keep it completely under wraps but probably won't ever announce it publicly. We'll see how it pans out...

This post was edited

We should just be our true selves. Yes I'm retired but I do voluntary work and all my work-mates know I'm a nudist. We talk about it often. And I was chatting about it tonight in the pub - to a complete stranger and to people I know.

This post was edited

In my case I made sure most everybody in my circle of friends knew I am a nudist most of my life. It has been only in the last couple of years of my career that I began to get much more vocal about. Talking about retiring out in the farm country so I could tend a garden and mow the grass naked and that sort of thing. I can't recall ever getting a real negative reaction from anyone other than the usual replies nudist always get.

Just the other day I was walking down a hallway at work passing by our operations manager's office when I heard him say "Speak of the devil, there goes a nudist now!" I backed up to his door to see him talking to a couple of guest in his office. He said they were talking about nudist when I walked down the hallway so he had to invite me in. I was excited to get to explain nudism to his guest for 5 minutes or so.

Jack

This post was edited

Thank you Andy. As a black man just discovering the joys of social nudity I was worried about acceptance at the clubs because of our current political climate. What I have found however is a friendly and accepting atmosphere. The conversations have been varied but never politics or religion. On TN the community is more diverse and there is a group for everyone so the likelihood of running into some offensive comments is higher but it just lets me know that people are people and that nudist come in all forms.

This post was edited

Its a sad fact that you still need to make those considerations in the 21 st century. But, here in the UK since there was a referendum on membership of the European Union, more extreme views from across the divides in various areas of life have come much more to the fore since it was held(please note, before anyone tries to pick me up on this, I've not said what my views are on that referendum).

Generally the long held view that nudists are mostly very accepting of others seems to be the case still, but I can think of a few cases where individuals bigotry seems to have come more to the fore. As with life in general, its usually quite possible to live without having anything to do with people like that.

This post was edited