Nudist roommates/housemates/flatmates?

Can't find the Search button, so forgive me if this has been posted before...
Do any guys here have a nudist living situation with their roommates, housemates, flatmates, or tenants?
Are you gay or straight?

This topic was edited
RE: Nudist roommates/housemates/flatmates?

years ago I had a roommate for almost 2 years. I owned the home and he rented a room. We got along alright but I never pushed the nudity while he was around. He moved out when he got married. To be honest I was ready for some solo time in my home but another young man approached me about staying here. He was in his late 20s and still living with his Mom. I decided to give him a break and let him move in. But also decided that with this roommate I would be nude around him. Before he moved in I was casually nudea couple of times when he was here and he did not seem to mind. Once he moved in I just continued to go nude. It did not workout. I now refer to him as " roommate from hell" He was the dumbest, creepiest, lyingest, roomie that I have ever had.And he could not get comfortable with my lack of clothes. He thought he was sabotaging my friendship with some mutual acquaintances by telling them I went nude and had gone to nude beaches. Wrong, they all knew already and did not care.He moved out after 6 weeks, blaming my nude habits as the reason. His list of quirks that I had to put up with was miles long. He moved back in with Mommy and 20 yrs later is still there. A current coworker who used to work him and I have a joke, when we see him around town we tell each other that there has been a " sighting" Luckily those are few and far between.

This post was edited

When I first moved out it was into an apartment with two friends. They both knew that I had been experimenting with nudism and they were OK with me being naked in the apartment around them. Now, at first it was a little bit of a shock for them. I pushed boundaries a little sometimes but generally they were great about it. One of them would have long chats with me about philosophy, his love life or pop culture and I would be completely naked and it wouldn't even come up. By the time we left that apartment most of my friends had seen me naked and I was known among other acquaintances as the naked one.I think the main reason it worked so well was that I listened when they seemed uncomfortable and we all respected each other's differences. It helps to know where everybody stands and to be upfront and honest about it all.

This post was edited

My roommate my first year of college was casually naked a lot of the time. He slept naked and often didn't bother to get dressed until he had to go to class. And when he came back from the gym, he'd usually shower and hang around nude until it was time for dinner. There was no shame, no awkwardness, and he never really drew attention to it.
At the time though, I lacked the confidence he did, and I usually kept my shorts on. It's a shame, because I really wanted to be nude. Now, I thankfully have all the confidence in the world. I just wish I'd had it then!

This post was edited
RE:Nudist roommates/housemates/flatmates?

For a year, I was out of my city studying at another university, the first week I arrived I slept in a hostel where I shared a room with 3 more boys, the truth is that there was quiet, but many people in very little space, that does not It was going to work. The following week, a boy in my class, after working in a class with him, we talked for a while and he offered me a room in his apartment, for less than what I paid in the hostel per week, I agreed to the moment and that same I moved late. I was able to continue with my lifestyle, in my own space, only in my room and then when my partner was not in the whole house. One day in the morning, I woke up, made my bed and went straight to the kitchen to make breakfast, obviously naked; When I returned to my room, this boy, left his room and went straight to mine, found me naked and with breakfast in his hands. For a moment I did not know what to say, we were silent and he told me at that time "I am not a fan of male hair removal, but I must admit that I had never seen someone shaved." We laughed and when I wanted to take my robe to cover myself, he apologized for having entered my room and that it was my right to be as I would like in my room. From that day on, I could walk around the house without problem, he just stayed in boxers, but I can say he was the best roomie I've ever had.

This post was edited

I have not. However someone on another board someone mentioned that he shared a house with several acquaintances one year. On moving day, one young man brought in his stuff and immediately stripped naked. Over the next few days, all the men living there abandoned shirts, pants and underwear in quick succession and then all were essentially always nude in the house for the rest of the year!

This post was edited

i have often observed in gender-segregated environments that it only takes one to give permission . . .

I have found that several of my short term roommates I have ended up while traveling have followed my lead and gotten more casual about room time nudity in the hotels. Even convinced one to try sleeping nude.

This post was edited

For a year, I was out of my city studying at another university, the first week I arrived I slept in a hostel where I shared a room with 3 more boys, the truth is that there was quiet, but many people in very little space, that does not It was going to work. The following week, a boy in my class, after working in a class with him, we talked for a while and he offered me a room in his apartment, for less than what I paid in the hostel per week, I agreed to the moment and that same I moved late. I was able to continue with my lifestyle, in my own space, only in my room and then when my partner was not in the whole house. One day in the morning, I woke up, made my bed and went straight to the kitchen to make breakfast, obviously naked; When I returned to my room, this boy, left his room and went straight to mine, found me naked and with breakfast in his hands. For a moment I did not know what to say, we were silent and he told me at that time "I am not a fan of male hair removal, but I must admit that I had never seen someone shaved." We laughed and when I wanted to take my robe to cover myself, he apologized for having entered my room and that it was my right to be as I would like in my room. From that day on, I could walk around the house without problem, he just stayed in boxers, but I can say he was the best roomie I've ever had.something similar happened to me.after that my roomie was totally cool to let me be nude whenever I wanted

I don't think I will ever be able to have non nude roommates again. It's too much sacrifice for me to wear clothes

This post was edited

My roommate my first year of college was casually naked a lot of the time. He slept naked and often didn't bother to get dressed until he had to go to class. And when he came back from the gym, he'd usually shower and hang around nude until it was time for dinner. There was no shame, no awkwardness, and he never really drew attention to it.At the time though, I lacked the confidence he did, and I usually kept my shorts on. It's a shame, because I really wanted to be nude. Now, I thankfully have all the confidence in the world. I just wish I'd had it then!

This is similar to what my experience was with my first college room mate. I know I've posted it here in a couple of other discussions but it directly relates here. My roommate was a friend from high school. We knew each other well and had seen each other naked in our high school locker room but, except for a skinny dip on a hike the previous summer, we had never really spent much time together naked. I had never hung out naked for long with anyone and even though I loved sleeping naked and taking my clothes off in places like our treehouse and in some old barns, even walking nude in the woods, I always felt it was kind of inappropriate and would not be understood by others. When I think back now, as much as I was drawn to nudity, I don't think I could really imagine at that stage of my life, a situation where I would be comfortable just sitting or walking around with others naked. We had completely open showers in jr. high and high school, but locker room showers were this natural place for all of us to be naked together. Walking around naked in our private room with one friend was, for me, not something I was expecting. My nude time was usually very private and personal. After moving our stuff into our room and going to dinner, he and I went for a swim at the University pool. We showered together, dressed and went home. I should add that he was very athletic. He had been a gymnast in high school and was on the swim and dive team so he was very comfortable with his body and physicality. He was very at ease with nudity. I was not much of a sports athlete and was a little intimidated by his physical conditioning. I admired him for that, but it made me a little uncomfortable and self conscious even as we briefly showered together at the field house. That 1st night that we lived together as we were getting ready for bed he said the best thing I could have heard him say: "I hope you don't mind, but I sleep in the nude", at which point I gave him a big grin and said "Me Too!" With that, we stripped off our underwear. Somehow that act seemed so much more revealing almost exciting than our nudity had been just about an hour before at the field house showers. There was something closer, more intimate or something doing it in our room. I felt shy and we both got into bed under the covers but then we realized we had left the light on and the lightswitch was on the other side of the room. A that point we were kind of acting silly, making fun of the fact that we were both naked under the sheets and one of us was gonna have to get out of bed and turn the light off and who was it gonna be. It's so strange now to think we were that awkward with nudity that night, but we played some silly game or something to choose who had to get out of bed. I lost so I had to do it. I was the farthest away from the switch so I got out of bed and had to walk by his bed to get around to the other side and turn the switch off. As I did so he was being funny and calling me nature boy, look at you nature boy! look at that bare butt. I mean we we were 18 and friends so that was expected. I just went over and turned the switch off and he reached out to slap my butt but I dodged him and on the way back he had grabbed his towel and he snapped it on my ass like guys do in locker rooms. I got into bed and that was it. We stayed up half the night talking.
In the morning I was the 1st to wake up and I don't know why I hadn't really thought about how I would deal with my morning erection. I laid in bed really afraid to get up not wanting him to see me. I was really uncomfortable with that idea, so I just stayed under the covers. But not long after he woke up and realizing he was late, he jumped up, threw the covers back and jumped out of bed. He was fully erect and kind of turned red and put his hand over it and said I'm sorry. At that point I just said it doesn't matter and threw my own covers back and got out of bed. I let him see me hard and said me too! We were both awkward and kind of uncomfortable that first moment, but we laughed, a little embarassed, and both had this "oh well, boys will be boys" attidude. We put towels around our waists and went down the hallway to the men's room where we took showers together and that was it. There was always nudity in that bathroom, in the showers and at the sinks, but not too much in the hallway. Guys were discreet in the common hall because there were also women around that building. But when we got to our room we got dressed together and went to breakfast and that was how it went for a couple of years with us.
We eventually would lie around naked on our beds sometimes or sit naked at our desks and we got a little bit of a reputation when people came to our room that one or both of us might be naked. We got called nature boys. That was probaly the best situation I ever had with a roommate, other than of course later with my wife. I had subsequent room mates who were not into nudity and when I was naked they would throw a towel at me or a bathrobe or boxer shorts but they always saw me crawling in-and-out of bed that way.

This post was edited

Thanks for sharing a college roommate story. My first semester on campus spring of 1980 I had two roomies and was only comfortable stripping off my undies to sleep nude after I got in bed. But starting with the fall semester had solo roommates and openly slept nude in front of all of them over the next 7 semesters. None complained but none joined me.

I do remember a hometown female friend of one roomie showing up one night late when he was not there. She was tipsy and upset and wanted to talk to him but since he wasn't around unloaded her woes on me. I always wondered if she knew that I was nude under the sheets.

This post was edited

I do remember a hometown female friend of one roomie showing up one night late when he was not there. She was tipsy and upset and wanted to talk to him but since he wasn't around unloaded her woes on me. I always wondered if she knew that I was nude under the sheets.
You should have offered her a cup of coffee. LOL

This post was edited